Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/4/2004 2:00:58 AM EST
What the hell is the deal with a stop light at the bottom of a freeway on ramp?
Do they think we're too stupid to understand "MERGE"?
Traffic flow my patoot!
Just picking up speed to merge, whoa, stop, OK, now your behind a 66 pinto 3 cylinder that took 2 weeks to get up to speed SON OF A B****!
Semi won't yield, another truck on your bumper, yeah buddy this is a well planned system!
This bright idea brought to you by the makers of chip seal, another AZDOT product.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:00:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/4/2004 6:01:52 AM EST by markm]
It's a brilliant way to back freeway traffic up onto the surface streets where it belongs!

I FUCKING HATE THOSE STUPID THINGS. I BLOW RIGHT THRU THEM ALL THE TIME. I get mad at the numb nuts imbeciles who actually wait for these god damned things.

Also, It's a great way to kill gas mileage. Think about it. You come to a complete stop before you have to merge into traffic moving at 65 mph, at least. So you've waisted all the momentum you had coming down the onramp, and now you have to stand on your accelerator to get into traffic.

I FUCKING WANT TO BLOW THOSE RETARDED THINGS TO BITS!

ETA: FUCK ISLAM TOO!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:35:04 AM EST
I think the lights were inspired by Muslims.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:01:40 AM EST
Muslims should suicide bomb those fucking lights! Kill two ass aches with one stone!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:43:26 PM EST

Nothing is worse than a red left-turn arrow light.

Best thing ever invented for clogging up traffic.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:44:26 PM EST
Mark,

Please don't waffle on the subject. Come right out and tell us how you really feel!

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:55:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:

That and inept drivers yaking on their f'in phones... argh.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:06:11 PM EST
Actually, the lights are effective during peak drive times, but nonetheless pretty aggravating. They're not designed for gas mileage, they're designed to regulate traffic on the freeways.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:35:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/5/2004 6:37:45 AM EST by markm]

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:
Actually, the lights are effective during peak drive times, but nonetheless pretty aggravating. They're not designed for gas mileage, they're designed to regulate traffic on the freeways.....

I understand what the intention was, but why should freeway traffic be backed up onto the surface streets? It's the usual unintended consequences from Government Brilliance.

Recently they set those fucking things even slower on the 60. Now the whole fucking onramp is clogged. At peak times traffic can back all the way up to the surface streets.

AND DON'T FUCKING GET ME GOING ON LIGHT RAIL EITHER!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:41:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By markm:

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:

I understand what the intention was, but why should freeway traffic be backed up onto the surface streets? It's the usual unintended consequences from Government Brilliance.

Recently they set those fucking things even slower on the 60. Now the whole fucking onramp is clogged. At peak times traffic can back all the way up to the surface streets.

AND DON'T FUCKING GET ME GOING ON LIGHT RAIL EITHER!

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:03:11 PM EST
Every time you stop at one you are photographed. Your pic is sent to a data base for facial ID. THEN your movements are put in ANOTHER data base for future sale for profit.

Hows that?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:13:09 PM EST
I like them. I think they are great. I even stop at them when they ar not on because I enjoy it so much.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:06:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By rasanders22:
I like them. I think they are great. I even stop at them when they ar not on because I enjoy it so much.

Oh I really love when the people do that! That's funny. I've actually seen some dumb motherfuckers do that!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:42:48 AM EST
My glock has a light rail. Oh, not THAT light rail...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:18:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By rasanders22:

Me too!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:25:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By The_Macallan:

That, and people who don't know how to live without them.

I once sat, for 2 lights, as the second car back in a left turn lane. Bastard wouldn't turn unless he got a light.

I finally backed up a car length or two to trip it for him.

Top Top