Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 7:38:36 AM EDT

I am looking for a place to go Quimp/PotGut hunting in south/central Nevada or Utah. I used to go up to Minersville UT. at a ranch , the place was approx 400-500 acres in the middle of nowhere, the Quimp were THICK! There were so many of them you could shoot at several hundred an hour just sitting in one spot....thing is they are so small I would only hit maybe 20 or 30 and hour. The place has since been sold and the fields have not been watered for several years.

This place was ideal, because the ranchers hated the furry little buggers, they would get caught in the equipment and stink up the hay...blah blah blah. Great time every time I went, fishing in the morning, Quimp in the afternoon, bunnies at night!

Anyone have any lines on a place within a 5hr drive from vegas that is infested with Quimp, rock chucks, prairie dogs, marmots, potguts, ground squirrles, mice, rats or anything elese that would make a good target from 10 to 200 yards?????

Thanks for the help in advance...
"G"

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:39:12 PM EDT
forgive me, I am new to Utah though. What the crap are quimp and potgut? Are they like gophers or what? If you find a place in Utah, lemme know.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:45:25 AM EDT

Theese little buggars....(or something like this),

I posted this in the Nevada forum also, but we just dont have many in the south end of the state, maybe up by Lund or Ely.  Anyway, if you have not tried setting up on theese little rodents you are missing out.  I have used everything form pistols, to a 10/22 to ARs and deer rifles......it is good stuff.
"G"

Page Hometown » Utah
Top Top