Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2006 3:48:06 PM EDT
Well, doesn't have to be kingsbury but that is the one I've been to and know how to get to from Valpo.

I plan on going on January 1st, so if anybody knows good areas for rabbit and squirrel at kingsbury please let me know. I'm thinking maybe area 5 by the marshes but I don't know whats around there. I've only been once and have no idea where it was I was at, plus I don't know much about squirrel and rabbit habitat (I normally just go to the woods in MO and there are a ton of squirrels). Any ideas where to go? I'm thinking I'll take the 12 gauge with modified choke and #6's (because thats what I have). I don't have time to work up a load in my sks or accuracy test it, but when I do I plan on a 94 grain 32 pistol bullet going around 1000 fps with something like 5 grains of unique pushing it for bunny just to give it a try :)

Anyway, if you got a good zone for squirrel or rabbit hunting and you aren't already at a new years eve party please give me advice.

Edit: Hmm, just checked the weather, it might be rainy, I'm not sure I want to hunt in the rain. How well can you hunt rabbits and squirrels in the rain at 38 degrees? What if it is just a light mist? If I can still get some rabbits and squirrels I MAY go for it anyway.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Squirrels:  find a stand of oaks and sit quietly until they start moving around.

Rabbits: without a dog, slowly walk along the edges of woods/fields and try to jump them.  They usually will circle around once they run.  

Rain or not, shouldn't make much difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top