Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 3:57:54 PM EDT
I am sorry for my ignorance but I would like to know if any variants or clones of the MP5 are legal in Michigan? Also, would there be any place to obtain the fake supressors for the barrels to bring them to legal length? I am currently deployed so finding information with our connection is difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Der
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:53:31 PM EDT
Yes barrel has to be 16",has to be 26" over all,if it is between 26 and 30 and has collapse-able stock it has to have a green card.
www.ohiorapidfire.com/
www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/listview.asp?CatId=4
or just get a real hk $$
Stay safe .....
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:36:19 PM EDT
Lots of things that can be considered MP5 clones or variants so....

Basically.... If it has a buttstock it MUST be greater than 26" overall length (collapsed) AND have a barrel length over 16" to be considered legal in MI (would be considered a pistol under state law).

If it has a buttstock and is over 30 inches OAL it is considered a long gun and no 'safety inspection' is required.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:48:32 PM EDT
Once again I apologize for not knowing but what Green card do I need for the weapon, do you mean the license to purchase a pistol?
Der
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:15:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DerTodEsEngel:
Once again I apologize for not knowing but what Green card do I need for the weapon, do you mean the license to purchase a pistol?
Der

A 'Permit to Purchse' is on green paper and at the end of the whole purchase process you are left with a little card proving you had the gun safety inspected, hence the term 'green card'.

You need to go to your local police dept. and tell them you want to purchase a pistol.

They will run your record, have you take a 10 question test, and you will leave with a permit to purchase. This permit is good for 10 days. In that 10 day period you can purchase any ONE pistol you want. The seller's info, gun info etc will be filled out on the permit to purchase at this point.

After you make your purchase, take the permit and pistol back to the PD for 'safety inspection'. Also, if you do NOT purchase a pistol in the 10 days after obtaining a permit, you must take the un-used permit back to the PD to be destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 2:33:45 PM EDT
But if it is registered as a "pistol" and is under 26" you cant put a "k" front grip on it. Then it becomes an SBR and unfortunately we cant have those here in Michigan.
Top Top