Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2022 8:23:04 PM EDT
So I have a Bergara B14 HMR in .300 Winchester Magnum with 26 inch barrel. It has an Area 419 tactical scope base/muzzle brake, Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 on it and it weighs in at 15lbs. I have been thinking of swapping the barrel for a Proof Research carbon fiber. To do this I would have to purchase a .308 blank and have it chambered/threaded/fit to the bergara action since it has that damned coned bolt face.

Question 1… would this bring the weight down to something mor reasonable? I’m unable to find the weight for factory barrel but I’m guessing it’s in the 5-6lbs where as the Proof Research will be in the 3lb range And would bring me to the 13lb range.

Question 2… is this a good course of action to go down this road or should I just start over with something else say a savage 110 tactical model or the likes?

Question 3… if I should continue who should be trusted to do the work? And how much should I expect that to set me back? How long does work like that take?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I’d ask in the ——> precision rifles——-> bolt action rifles

They’re will be a lot more folks who have experience with this.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Precision-Rifles/Bolt-Action-Rifles/3/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top