Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 8:48:12 AM EDT
Do you really have enormous spiders and heat-seeking centipedes?

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#1]
NO big spider like in the Southern states, but there are centipedes....
Its the F'ing Termites that you d need to worry about. when they literally eat your house.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
man, i was fishing the other week and sitting on the sand with my beer.  i feel something crawling over my foot and i assumed it was a small sand crab passing by.  i look down and almost shit myself.  a 3 inch centipede is crawling up my foot.  yes i know 4 inches is small but they freak me out.  scrambled around and got it off by kicking like my leg was on fire.  luckily it didn't bite me, but most important, at least i didn't spill my beer.

eta:  the biggest spiders i've seen around my house are daddy long legs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen some pretty big hairy cane spiders.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Huge centipedes that leave vampire fang like bite marks and yes cane spiders are huge. I've seen some big as my hand and I can palm a basketball easy. We also have huge roaches.  A lighter and a aerosol can are your best friend.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
these roaches can fly!  makes me scream like a girl when they fly in my face.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#6]
just got this one tonight .

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Nuke it from orbit. It's the ONLY way to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I dont worry out the the centipedes or spiders, I worry about cockroaches and their dirty little filth.  People born here dont have that problem, but Ill never get used to sharing my pantry with bugs.  I leave those little square traps around the house all the time and sweep little dead bugs almost daily.  I dont think I could get rid of them even if I burned the entire building down, they would still live here.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Lived here close to fifty years, only bit once by a centipede.  Out in the middle of a lava field hiking from one casting spot to another, took a break and leaned against a rock, out comes a blue centipede about an inch long and bites me on the flank.  Damn that hurt!  Cane spiders are pretty big but what makes them scary is how fast they can move, great test for your reflexes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty much all insects wig me out.  I imagine them crawling into my ear as I sleep.

One thing I love about Alaska, no cockroaches.  However, vampires got nothing on our state bird (mosquitoes)
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#11]
First time I saw a cane spider i couldnt sleep till it was dead, then I had nightmares.

Ive been bitten by 2 centipedes and while they hurt, those quick ass cane spiders freak me out
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
First time I saw a cane spider i couldnt sleep till it was dead, then I had nightmares.

images.google.com/images?q=tbn:y2ttjZQxATYJ:www.hawaiian.net/~dgraves/hawaii/creatures/spider1.jpg

images.google.com/images?q=tbn:I1i1BZUyUBAJ:www.princeton.edu/~lhedin/images/DCP_0159.JPG

web.archive.org/web/20030625234708/users.pandora.be/nicolas1/clockspider3.jpg

www.randomimage.us/files/clock_legs1.jpg

Ive been bitten by 2 centipedes and while they hurt, those quick ass cane spiders freak me out

I got a few challengers for those cane spiders...

First pic I got from a buddy, other two pics were of my fighter, took a centipede and two scorpions to do him in, and he lived 3 days after that fight.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Holy crap!  What is that?!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Most people know them as camel spiders, but the official name is wind scorpion.  They eat things like geckos, small rodents, and birds when theyre big.  The mouth reminds me of the big worm in the movie "Tremors".
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Spider, centipede and scorpion fights!  I guess it helps to pass the time.  That's one scary looking arachnid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top