Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
9/16/2019 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 3/17/2009 8:55:23 AM EDT
Do any of you guys know if it is legal to carry a spring assist knife(not switchblade) in ND?

Also it's legal to own a butterfly knife just not to carry correct? Same with a 1918 trench knife?
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 12:42:21 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=820472

Link Posted: 3/17/2009 4:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2009 4:16:12 PM EDT by AxlRose]
Well I called to local PD, and apparently he said a spring assist is illegal. Not state wide but it's a city ordinance. It says that "springblade" knives are illegal, and he said its classified as a spring blade.

I would disagree with that and maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about. Just uninformed about the differences. What do you think?
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 4:13:46 PM EDT
I am unsure what the knife laws are in the state, hopefully NAM or someone else will be by to educate us. I know a few Guard guys that have auto knives in Fargo.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:14:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 7:16:40 PM EDT by NAM]
Autos are legal. However, they are considered a dangerous weapon. So if you are carrying one, you must have a CCW.

I love my OTF Microtech

Spring assist? Might be considered a "gravity knife"

""Dangerous weapon" includes any switchblade or gravity knife, machete, scimitar,
stiletto, sword, dagger, or knife with a blade of five inches [12.7 centimeters] or
more; any throwing star, nunchaku, or other martial arts weapon; any billy, blackjack,
sap, bludgeon, cudgel, metal knuckles, or sand club; any slungshot; any bow and
arrow, crossbow, or spear; any stun gun; any weapon that will expel, or is readily
capable of expelling, a projectile by the action of a spring, compressed air, or
compressed gas including any such weapon, loaded or unloaded, commonly
referred to as a BB gun, air rifle, or CO2 gun; and any projector of a bomb or any
object containing or capable of producing and emitting any noxious liquid, gas, or
substance."

Also going to want to keep away from a liquor esablishment while carrying an auto.

Here's a good place for ND weapon laws....the century code http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t621.html
Top Top