Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 7/21/2010 1:38:13 PM EDT

I'm interested in buying a handgun from someone who is located in PA. Is it required that this transfer go through an FFL on both ends? I know that for rifles I've just had it shipped to my FFL by a private individual, but was wondering if the rules are the same for a handgun.

Thanks.

Mech
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:15:20 PM EDT
Really depends on the Dealer: Some Dealers will only accept a handgun (or any other firearm) from another FFL holder.
Mine will accept a handgun from most verifiable sources, after all it's going to be logged on and the information (sn#, cal, where it came from, etc.) all goes on a form to the NYSP, it's really no different having a handgun shipped in to NY than a rifle just more B.S. & paperwork.
BEST BET: Check with whoever you want to receive it FIRST, understand and agree on what's to transpire, it'll make the whole process much easier and there'll be no surprises.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:59:55 AM EDT
not completely sure what the actual RULES are, but all the dealers I work with will only accept a pistol transferred to them by another dealer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:21:08 PM EDT

Thanks for the info. In this case, the seller turned out to be a flake anyway, so my search continues.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:59:02 AM EDT
And don't forget about Cobis................
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:52:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Nikkis_Dad:
And don't forget about Cobis................

Only applies to New guns...
Top Top