Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2010 1:38:13 PM EDT

I'm interested in buying a handgun from someone who is located in PA. Is it required that this transfer go through an FFL on both ends? I know that for rifles I've just had it shipped to my FFL by a private individual, but was wondering if the rules are the same for a handgun.

Thanks.

Mech
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Really depends on the Dealer: Some Dealers will only accept a handgun (or any other firearm) from another FFL holder.
Mine will accept a handgun from most verifiable sources, after all it's going to be logged on and the information (sn#, cal, where it came from, etc.) all goes on a form to the NYSP, it's really no different having a handgun shipped in to NY than a rifle just more B.S. & paperwork.
BEST BET: Check with whoever you want to receive it FIRST, understand and agree on what's to transpire, it'll make the whole process much easier and there'll be no surprises.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:59:55 AM EDT
[#2]
not completely sure what the actual RULES are, but all the dealers I work with will only accept a pistol transferred to them by another dealer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Thanks for the info. In this case, the seller turned out to be a flake anyway, so my search continues.

Link Posted: 7/23/2010 1:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
And don't forget about Cobis................
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And don't forget about Cobis................

Only applies to New guns...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top