Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 7:53:53 PM EDT
Now that the 7.62 is here - I need to decide what to put on the RFB, 700 and 17s. It came with 1 blackout 18T. I have read that some people with 17s' have had POI shifts with a Blackout flash hider. What about the Blackout muzzle break? It may be good for the 700 but what about the other rifles? Does it work?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:57:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2012 7:59:20 PM EDT by robpiat]
I think you are just going to have to do trial and error...It'll be different on each. One thing I noted was that on a heavy bull barrel you need a step behind the shoulder for a M4-2K mount. I am not sure if the 7.62SD has that step or not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:29:58 AM EDT
John, what worked best for me is breaks on my bolt guns, blackout on my aks, and breakouts on everything else.

All that being said, its kind of a personal preference. All of then have done poi shift. But it is 100% repeatable.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:24:28 AM EDT
I am stuck with the 18t interface for now. Biggest problem is all the websites have all the part numbers confused. AAC says the part number is 100187. So Google comes up with 4 different pictures, many websites and numerous part numbers upon checkout.
Sheesh.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:33:46 AM EDT
I failed to read the 18t part...

Personally. I like breaks over blackout.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:25:09 AM EDT
Be advised that while the Brake and the BrakeOut from AAC are fantastic at keeping those 762x51 rifle down in recoil, they are deafening to the person(s) shooting next to you. As the shooter, you'll certainly notice it as well and feel the concussion.

That said, many folks use the plain prong BlackOut instead.

This might already be known to you but it's worth mentioning none the less given we have folks new to this all the time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:40:48 AM EDT
Kind of like shooting the PWS on the SCAR rifles - ouch!
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 8:45:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Gone-Postal:
Be advised that while the Brake and the BrakeOut from AAC are fantastic at keeping those 762x51 rifle down in recoil, they are deafening to the person(s) shooting next to you. As the shooter, you'll certainly notice it as well and feel the concussion.

That said, many folks use the plain prong BlackOut instead.

This might already be known to you but it's worth mentioning none the less given we have folks new to this all the time.

This is definitely a legitimate point - I have a YHM device on my 5.56 AR, its pretty loud... I have a JP Large Profile Cooley comp on my .308 AR, and that thing kicks up a small craft advisory if you fire it in close proximity to a navigable waterway. I actually blew a guy's shirt kinda sideways when I was at the range last week, it got kinda sideways and bunched up and he had to fix it a little bit. it was awesome.

to me, as long as everyone is wearing earpro, this is pretty much a non-issue. this would come into play if you were planning on doing any kind of shooting volume without earpro, around others. for me, thats pretty much never, so i dont worry about it too much.
Top Top