Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 10:57:11 AM EDT
I have never been to either the Puyallup or Monroe gun shows before. Are they open to non-members? Are there enough "equipment" and other AR-15 component items on sale there that make it worthwhile? I am looking to pick up some items (stocks, slings and components and possibly ammo contacts for the future). I am really only interested in AR items at present and was hoping to find this at the show. Thanks for your comments.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You do not have to be a member to go, only to buy firearms.  You can buy ammo and gun parts all day though.  I think it is $6 to get in.  There is lots of AR stuff, especially at the Puy show.  They are rebuilding the big hall where the show usually is so it is now split between two buildings, not as good as usual.  There is lots of ammo there.  See James the Ammo Guy.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#2]
It varies, Gunner.  The Monroe show is quite a bit smaller than the Puyallup show and your selection much more limited.  You can enter as a non-member, but you cannot handle or purchase firearms.  I think the fee is $5.  I would suggest you join the WAC and attend the Puyallup show and a Monroe show to compare.  The price of membership is good and  you can find some good deals there from time to time and meet some great folks.  A number of the members here often have tables at the show.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
2 Whiskey and Fox...
Thanks guys for the tips on the shows....CHEERS!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Admission a few times a year pays for a membership, plus you get monthly newsletters (with a For Sale forum), and you can buy guns when you see the one you just cant leave there.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Join WAC, it's worth the money if you go to many shows.

Quoted:
Thanks for your comments.

You'r welcome.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#6]
You can buy gun parts at a WAC show even if you're a non-member???
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can buy gun parts at a WAC show even if you're a non-member???

yes...
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, here's a question for you all. I was gone for a few years and the Pacific Arms Society just disappeared. What happened to it? Did it get absorbed into WAC or what?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
dar48,
It was a commercial venture by former WAC leadership that wanted a different direction for the club. I think they went belly up. It was tough to compete with WAC.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top