Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:00:53 PM EDT
I would like to purchase a used glock online of recent manufacture. (2004 or 2005). Can I legally purchase this gun? It has no internal trigger lock. Thanks for any assistance.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:24:45 PM EDT
[#1]
rmz - I work for 2 shops and attend the meetings with the state police yearly.
You can purchase it. According to the state police as long as the gun was being made prior to the internal lock law they have no way to check the SN for date it was made. I know they could call Glock to see, but they do not have the time and man-power to do so.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Well it sounds like he is saying it was made after the lock law, so it would be covered, unless you want to say otherwise and hope they don't check.  Used gets rid of the shell casing requirement, one time I had an FFL that wanted a letter from the owner stating it was used, another time the dealer just took my word for it.  I'd just get it with the lock insert & then throw it out when you get home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top