Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/28/2003 11:27:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/28/2003 11:47:46 AM EDT by ChrisLe]
I plan on bringing a few of my toys to NC and will be driving through NJ. Am I correct in assumung that I cannot even pass through NJ with hicap magazines.....Enquiring minds want to know....
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 12:49:17 PM EDT
Whenever I place an order online and it's from a south or west location and using ups to ship them they make pit stops in NJ all the time.> :)

I just took delivery of about 25 high caps and of course they laid up in NJ for a night!
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:20:21 PM EDT
Well, I guess that depends on whether mags fall under the federal firearms transfer laws. NJ basically follows that to a T.

As long as weapon is legal where you start and where you end, you can pass through NJ legally given:

Weapon unloaded, locked in trunk. If no trunk, locked in case in rear of vehicle. Ammunition stored separately from weapon. (leave the mags unloaded)

Here is the NJ State Police - Firearms info website: www.njsp.org/about/fire_trans.html

You can send them an email and ask: www.nj.gov/lps/formmail.htm

You could also call them and ask: 609-882-2000
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:01:58 PM EDT
When you drive through NJ, duck down real low.
If you have them in your trunk and don't tell anyone or be stupid and get searche, no one will know.
Top Top