I'm new to the site, obviouslyhew
Can my nephew own an AR in Queens???

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#1]
No AR in Queens or any borough of NYC.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Well that's not nice of NYHow? Maybe I can convince him to move near me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
NYC is comprised of five boroughs: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.

If he has a friend in Suffolk or Nassau counties he can keep his rifle(s), mags and ammo there. All are restricted in NYC.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
NYC is comprised of five boroughs: Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island.

If he has a friend in Suffolk or Nassau counties he can keep his rifle(s), mags and ammo there. All are restricted in NYC.

One or two more questions, I promise.

Can he have a shotgun and/or Garand at his residence??
He has relatives in Nassau, that he could leave them with. I guess he can buy a small safe to make sure they are secure at the home.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can he have a shotgun and/or Garand at his residence??

If he is 21 he needs to get a NYC rifle permit before he possesses them or the ammo in NYC. Check out the P-A-S NYC FAQ.

New York City Gun Laws FAQ
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Man! He lives in Rockaway. I lived there for 20 years. That place became a shit hole for drugs and killings. I can see why he needs an AR. My High Scholl Far Rockaway High is the worst HS in NYC. Good luck. get him a vest for his b/day, he'll need it. Some say its as bad as Iraq and Vietnam together
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
i live not to far from there, his best bet is to move to AZ (which i plan to do myself) NYC sucks for gun rights!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey I agree tell him to get the hell out of NY!  This way he can shoot alot more then AR's with all the evil stuff!

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Man! He lives in Rockaway. I lived there for 20 years. That place became a shit hole for drugs and killings. I can see why he needs an AR. My High Scholl Far Rockaway High is the worst HS in NYC. Good luck. get him a vest for his b/day, he'll need it. Some say its as bad as Iraq and Vietnam together

LOL. He said his nephew is in Rockaway Beach, NOT FAR Rockaway, big difference! I grew up in Rockaway Beach. Have family their and in Belle Harbor(just west), where you can't touch houses under $700,000. Far Rockaway has been a sh!thole since I can remember, no news their. I don't have to tell you this, since you lived in Rockaway. Rockaway Beach  and above are still a good towns. Where in Rockaway did you live?
I lived their for about 28 years. I traveled five days a week for 15 years through Far Rockaway, going to Long Beach. I never had a problem with the criminal element. Far Rockaway is crap, but comparing it to Iraq and Vietnam is a stretch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
i live not to far from there, his best bet is to move to AZ (which i plan to do myself) NYC sucks for gun rights!

I agree, for gun rights(and taxes), getting out of NY is a great thing. But, the grass is not always greener on the other side...

Good luck in AZ though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:10:11 AM EDT
[#11]
NYC's gun laws are a real drag, but considering the mentality of the citizenry, I'm happy it's not a Washington D.C. situation (yet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top