Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2005 6:16:33 PM EDT
Im going to be spending the next 5 days in Jackson and i was wondering if MS is a open carry or concealed only state or both, Thanks  Andy  

Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Im going to be spending the next 5 days in Jackson and i was wondering if MS is a open carry or concealed only state or both, Thanks  Andy  

I'm not from MS, so I can't tell you if you can legally carry open.  I can tell you it's not a good idea in a city like Jackson unless you want someone to freak out or call the cops on you.  It's not Arizona where they are used to seeing people carry open.  Concealed carry is legal with a permit and in my opinion the better choice.  If you have a concealed carry permit from TN, it may be accepted in MS.  Even though I'm in AL, I can carry in both MS and TN since AL has agreements with them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not from MS, so I can't tell you if you can legally carry open.  I can tell you it's not a good idea in a city like Jackson unless you want someone to freak out or call the cops on you.  It's not Arizona where they are used to seeing people carry open.  Concealed carry is legal with a permit and in my opinion the better choice.  If you have a concealed carry permit from TN, it may be accepted in MS.  Even though I'm in AL, I can carry in both MS and TN since AL has agreements with them.

Yeah i live in a small town and i kinda rotate depending on the situation but mostly concealed, thanks alot
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not from MS, so I can't tell you if you can legally carry open.  I can tell you it's not a good idea in a city like Jackson unless you want someone to freak out or call the cops on you.  It's not Arizona where they are used to seeing people carry open.  Concealed carry is legal with a permit and in my opinion the better choice. a conceale If you have d carry permit from TN, it may be accepted in MS.  in both MS andEven though I'm in AL, I can carry  TN since AL has agreements with them.[/quote]
TN has reciprocity with all southern states, i think

ETA i just found it at www.packing.org
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I usually don't suggest that people trust packing.org because it's information is supplied by the users that visit it.  I have found many mistakes there.  I prefer state government web sites for validation of law.  Here is Tennessee Department of Safety's web site - www.state.tn.us/safety/handgun/reciprocity.htm  They list Mississippi as a state that they have an agreement with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I usually don't suggest that people trust packing.org because it's information is supplied by the users that visit it.  I have found many mistakes there.  I prefer state government web sites for validation of law.  Here is Tennessee Department of Safety's web site - www.state.tn.us/safety/handgun/reciprocity.htm  They list Mississippi as a state that they have an agreement with.

Thanks USPC40
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks USPC40

No problem!  Glad to help.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top