Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 1:41:08 AM EDT
Derek,

I noticed your signature line in a thread in the General Discussion Forum:

Predicted the demise of the AWB94...3 years ago!

Known "Kingpin" of the Uzi Triangle...Thanks VPC for the free notoriety!

www.azexarms.com

Ummm, I've not heard of the "Kingpin of the Uzi Triangle."  Is this some anti-gun turd throwing?  What's the story behind that?  Also, what geographical area is considered the Uzi Triangle?  I want to know where my mortar and automatic rifle are welcome.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Derek,

I noticed your signature line in a thread in the General Discussion Forum:

Predicted the demise of the AWB94...3 years ago!

Known "Kingpin" of the Uzi Triangle...Thanks VPC for the free notoriety!

www.azexarms.com

Ummm, I've not heard of the "Kingpin of the Uzi Triangle."  Is this some anti-gun turd throwing?  What's the story behind that?  Also, what geographical area is considered the Uzi Triangle?  I want to know where my mortar and automatic rifle are welcome.  

On either fullauto.com or thefalfiles.com there was a thread on the questions you have.

AB
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Did a Google search for UZI Triangle and found this...

UZI Triangle

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUGUST 25, 2004
12:02 PM
Marty Langley (202) 822-8200 x109

Arizona, Nevada, and Utah Comprise the "UZI Triangle" of Copycat Assault Weapon Manufacturers, According to Violence Policy Center  

WASHINGTON - August 25 - The three contiguous states of Arizona, Nevada, and Utah have the largest number of "post-ban" copycat assault weapon manufacturers of any region of the United States, the Violence Policy Center revealed today.

The region contains 10 assault weapon manufacturers (see chart below) with a combined product line that includes post-ban AR-15s, AK-47s, UZIs, and others. The product lines of these 10 companies—located in a region the VPC has labeled the "UZI Triangle"—are yet another example of how the gun industry has successfully evaded the current federal ban by making insignificant, mostly cosmetic, changes in the design of banned assault weapons and then marketing them as "post-ban" guns. The changes can be as slight as simply removing a flash suppressor from the end of the barrel of an assault rifle and replacing it with a muzzle brake (two components that look almost identical, but perform different functions) or adding a fixed stock. The 1994 ban will expire on September 13, 2004, without action by Congress and President Bush.

State : Arizona

American Spirit Arms, Corp., Scottsdale / Arizona Expert Arms, Gilbert / Bobcat Weapons Inc,. Mesa / Cavalry Arms Corp., Mesa / Tactical Weapons Training Academy, Mesa

State : Nevada

Armscor Precision Inc., Las Vegas / Arsenal Inc., Las Vegas /

State : Utah

L.A.R. Manufacturing, Inc., West Jordan / Robinson Armament Company, Salt Lake City / Vector Arms, Inc., North Salt Lake

As Gun World magazine boasted in a 2001 article about the Vepr II assault rifle, a "sporterized" version of the AK-47: "In spite of assault rifle bans, bans on high capacity magazines, the rantings of the anti-gun media and the rifle's innate political incorrectness, the Kalashnikov [AK-47], in various forms and guises, has flourished. Today there are probably more models, accessories and parts to choose from than ever before."

Josh Sugarmann, VPC executive director, states, "Gunmakers have cynically eviscerated the 1994 federal assault weapons ban. For the assault weapons ban to work, it must be strengthened. For those who fear that if the ban expires there will be a flood of AK-47s and UZIs on our streets, the sad truth is that we're already drowning."

The July 2004 VPC study United States of Assault Weapons: Gunmakers Evading the Federal Assault Weapons Ban revealed that more than 40 gunmakers in 22 states are currently marketing "post-ban" assault weapons. The study also estimates that more than one million "post-ban" assault weapons have been manufactured in the United States since the ban's passage in 1994 and warns that today "there are more assault weapon manufacturers and assault weapons available for sale than ever before." The study proves that if the 1994 ban is simply renewed, and not strengthened, every single one of the assault weapons made by these companies will remain on the market, legal for sale to the American public under federal law.

In addition to the threat assault weapons pose to the general public, they continue to pose a unique threat to law enforcement personnel. The May 2003 Violence Policy Center study "Officer Down"—Assault Weapons and the War on Law Enforcement revealed that, according to Federal Bureau of Investigation data, one in five law enforcement officers (41 of 211) slain in the line of duty from January 1998 through December 2001 were slain with an assault weapon, many of which were "post-ban" models that will remain untouched by a renewal of current law.

Federal legislation to address the industry's subversion of the 1994 ban—the "Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003" (H.R. 2038 and S. 1431)— has been introduced in the 108th Congress by Representatives Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) and John Conyers (D-MI) in the House of Representatives and Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) in the Senate. "

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Did a Google search for UZI Triangle and found this...

UZI Triangle

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUGUST 25, 2004
12:02 PM
Marty Langley (202) 822-8200 x109

Arizona, Nevada, and Utah Comprise the "UZI Triangle" of Copycat Assault Weapon Manufacturers, According to Violence Policy Center  

WASHINGTON - August 25 - The three contiguous states of Arizona, Nevada, and Utah have the largest number of "post-ban" copycat assault weapon manufacturers of any region of the United States, the Violence Policy Center revealed today.

The region contains 10 assault weapon manufacturers (see chart below) with a combined product line that includes post-ban AR-15s, AK-47s, UZIs, and others. The product lines of these 10 companies—located in a region the VPC has labeled the "UZI Triangle"—are yet another example of how the gun industry has successfully evaded the current federal ban by making insignificant, mostly cosmetic, changes in the design of banned assault weapons and then marketing them as "post-ban" guns. The changes can be as slight as simply removing a flash suppressor from the end of the barrel of an assault rifle and replacing it with a muzzle brake (two components that look almost identical, but perform different functions) or adding a fixed stock. The 1994 ban will expire on September 13, 2004, without action by Congress and President Bush.

State : Arizona

American Spirit Arms, Corp., Scottsdale / Arizona Expert Arms, Gilbert / Bobcat Weapons Inc,. Mesa / Cavalry Arms Corp., Mesa / Tactical Weapons Training Academy, Mesa

State : Nevada

Armscor Precision Inc., Las Vegas / Arsenal Inc., Las Vegas /

State : Utah

L.A.R. Manufacturing, Inc., West Jordan / Robinson Armament Company, Salt Lake City / Vector Arms, Inc., North Salt Lake

As Gun World magazine boasted in a 2001 article about the Vepr II assault rifle, a "sporterized" version of the AK-47: "In spite of assault rifle bans, bans on high capacity magazines, the rantings of the anti-gun media and the rifle's innate political incorrectness, the Kalashnikov [AK-47], in various forms and guises, has flourished. Today there are probably more models, accessories and parts to choose from than ever before."

Josh Sugarmann, VPC executive director, states, "Gunmakers have cynically eviscerated the 1994 federal assault weapons ban. For the assault weapons ban to work, it must be strengthened. For those who fear that if the ban expires there will be a flood of AK-47s and UZIs on our streets, the sad truth is that we're already drowning."

The July 2004 VPC study United States of Assault Weapons: Gunmakers Evading the Federal Assault Weapons Ban revealed that more than 40 gunmakers in 22 states are currently marketing "post-ban" assault weapons. The study also estimates that more than one million "post-ban" assault weapons have been manufactured in the United States since the ban's passage in 1994 and warns that today "there are more assault weapon manufacturers and assault weapons available for sale than ever before." The study proves that if the 1994 ban is simply renewed, and not strengthened, every single one of the assault weapons made by these companies will remain on the market, legal for sale to the American public under federal law.

In addition to the threat assault weapons pose to the general public, they continue to pose a unique threat to law enforcement personnel. The May 2003 Violence Policy Center study "Officer Down"—Assault Weapons and the War on Law Enforcement revealed that, according to Federal Bureau of Investigation data, one in five law enforcement officers (41 of 211) slain in the line of duty from January 1998 through December 2001 were slain with an assault weapon, many of which were "post-ban" models that will remain untouched by a renewal of current law.

Federal legislation to address the industry's subversion of the 1994 ban—the "Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003" (H.R. 2038 and S. 1431)— has been introduced in the 108th Congress by Representatives Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY) and John Conyers (D-MI) in the House of Representatives and Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ) in the Senate. "

Right on. Next time someone asks me why I moved to AZ, I'll tell them I was drawn to the UZI triangle. Thanks Derek
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Damm, I feel much safer now, that I live in the "UZI TRIANGLE"

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Damm, I feel much safer now, that I live in the "UZI TRIANGLE"

From some of the people I know ya'd think it was the BOOZI triangle.

AB
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Has ASA or Toad ever made a rifle that works?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the UZI triangle, but now i need to get one or something close to it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#8]
This would make a great tshirt.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, mjrowley.  I am PROUD to live with you Arizona, Nevada and Utah gun owners in the Uzi Triangle.  Here's a few of  my toys.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#10]
How much does a mortar cost?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How much does a mortar cost?

I put the rig together AFTER the NFA Form 1 was approved.  The cost was about $1700.00 by purchasing the parts separately.  This was in 2003.  If you buy a 60 mm mortar set on a NFA Form 4 be prepared to pay double or triple that.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice. DD, right? DDs are legal in WA. When I'm 21 I'll start the ball rolling, I guess. That LMT M203 looks good too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, a mortar is a Destructive Device.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:22:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:48:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I didnt make this graphic, but I'll surely buy some Tshirts if someone has them made.

www.azexarms.com/uzitriangle.jpg

LOL, ins't that sweet?

D.
AZEX

Either in black or tan background, I'm in for three or four.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:54:36 AM EDT
[#17]
The VPC also left out Smith Enterprise in Tempe, AZ who works on M14 rifles and sells lots of their Sommers Vortex flash hiders.  There's also U. S. Ordnance in Sparks, NV that builds M1919 and M60 belf fed guns.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:11:41 AM EDT
[#18]
So who makes UZIs in UT, NV or AZ?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:31:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So who makes UZIs in UT, NV or AZ?

Umm...  Well, there is that Vector Arms place up in Utah.....  

Mike
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#20]
You can count me in for ten of the t-shirts, and a few polos if one wants to go the embroidery route.

Those are simply kick ASS
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Right, Vector I think is the only one.

So why the UZI triangle?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:46:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I was wondering about all of the "drive by morterings" we've been having lately.
George
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:51:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering about all of the "drive by morterings" we've been having lately.
George

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:16:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Who made the graphic. I can have the company that does my shirts make them up, but I don't want to intentionally step on anyone's copyright.

email me at [email protected] or call me at 602-402-7385 if you know who it was.  I'll need some sort of proof and will be willing to share in any profits.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Well the image is hosted by D.  So I guess he could give permission.  If you were to sell the shirts at cost.  Then no one would make any money.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:16:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Let's get them printed.

I say we give the profits to a shooting youth program. We need to think of our future comrads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top