Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2009 10:22:51 AM EDT
Anyone know if the dude who sells the cheap Kershaw factory seconds will be there?  I'd like to pick up a few for Christmas presents, but I don't want to go through the pain in the ass to get up there, park and get in to the show plus the money just to find out the one thing I'm headed there for isn't there.

TIIA
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't hear a direct confirmation, just wait and I'm sure some one if not myself will provide an update to you by Friday night.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]

I don't know if he'll be there but I know in the past he's sold them for maybe a dollar or two over the price I paid when I waited in line for two days at the Kershaw sale...  
  I will never go back to the sale again unless I'm looking for something very specific that he doesn't have.  I'd buy from him again tommorrow.

cheers, Benji

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#3]
where is the gun show going to be? What day?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
where is the gun show going to be? What day?

expo center... fri, sat, sun
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone ever go on a friday? was the traffic nuts on I-5 at 5 pm ish?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The traffic is always nuts in Portland.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I went to the last Portland show on a Friday.  It's the best day to go IMHO.

As for traffic, yeah, it's sorta bad...at least, by Portland standards.  Which is to say, it's not really that bad.  I lived in both Boston and Washington D.C.  Until you commute in one of those places, you have no idea what bad traffic actually looks like.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post Whore
NoHair
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post Whore
NoHair

The way he quotes nuts, its a probably a gay troll line.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw a Kershaw seller in Puyallup last weekend. Can't say if it was "seconds."  Anyway, his prices were good only a few $ more then at the Kershaw Factory sale a couple of weekends ago.

BTW..........for those that don't know about the Portland Show.............here's more info............

http://www.expocenter.org/index.htm

Rose City Gun and Knife Show  

Description:  Location / Dates and Times:

Hall D
Friday, Dec 18:        12pm - 7pm
Saturday, Dec 19:     9am - 6pm
Sunday, Dec 20:       9am - 4pm

Admission:
General Admission - $9
2-day [$14] and 3-day $21] Passes available as well

Visit our website at http://collectorswest.com/

Other Notes / Detail:

Oregon's Largest 3-Day Gun & Knife Show

Parking / Directions:

For parking and directions to the Expo see:  http://expocenter.org/directions.htm
or take the MAX Yellow Line - Plan your trip at:  www.trimet.org

Parking is $............added to the admission and for ME it's a deal breaker.  Well maybe, once a year would be good enough.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Remember, they don't post this, but in the past when I've shown them my Bi-Mart card I've gotten $2 off admission.  

And yeah, that guys sells seconds.  Somewhere on the blade of the knife will be four "X's" (i.e. XXXX).  Some of them you can spot why they were seconds (mostly cosmetic flaws like an uneven finish), others it takes some real effort to see why they are seconds.  I've picked up some folders that retail for over $100 for $30.  I've never tested this, but according to this guy Kershaw will still sharpen them for free at their annual Kershaw Days event just like any one of their other knives.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, some of the seconds have the "XXXX" on the blade somewhere, but most are very hard to tell what's wrong with them.  I too have purchased multiple folders for $25 that retail closer to $100; very good deals on the seconds.  And yes, if you stop by the Kershaw store/factory in Tualatin, they will sharpen any Kershaw knife for free; any time they are open.  You just give it to the lady and wait in the lobby, very cool!

cheers, Benji
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Knife guy not in attendance, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#14]
as of today knife guy is in attendance
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:55:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Knife guy not in attendance, sorry.

I saw him at his table yesterday (Friday), it was a smaller space than usual though

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I as well as a friend completely missed him? humph....
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I as well as a friend completely missed him? humph....

I did on my first time through too

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#18]
What were the ammo prices like.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Ammo.  No real deals but the best price I saw on 5.56 was at Outdoor Marksman, Hornady 77grain steel-cased practice ammo for $169/500rounds.  AK-74 ammo was about $150 for a 1080round spam can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top