Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 7:11:06 PM EDT
Ok... I'm not asking this in the general forum since I want to know our states policy...

Ya might have read that Im getting a rifle sent from Stag to my local sportsman wharehouse for the transfer.

I know I have to fill out federal and local paper work for a background check of some sort once the rifle arrives. Then, as I understand it, they mail/fax the paper work off to my city police and the feds.  Thats all well and good.  Not gonna find any dirt.  The part I'm wondering about is this:

Will I walk out of the store with it the same night?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The FFL will make a phone call to the NICS (National Instant Criminal Background Check System ) as long as you're clean they will give the dealer an approval right on the phone and you will be on your way minutes later.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^^  Awesome...  I have a NavSea badge so the feds have probed me the anal way already.  I got the tube of astroglide and the splinters from the broomstick to prove it  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:22:32 PM EDT
[#3]
A little reading for you, that will give you an idea of what's going on while your FFL is making the secret squirrel phone call and speaking in tounges.

www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/nics/nicsfact.htm#top
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top