Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:47:54 PM EDT

I'm filling out the application for my Florida concealed weapons permit.  I had my electronic fingerprints done the other day.  They took $5 up front and then I had to pay another $39 via a website.

My question is...  I know I'm supposed to subtract some amount from the $117 application fee since the fingerprints were done electronically.  Do I subtract just the $39 or do I subtract $44 ($39 + $5) from that fee?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you subtract the $44.  If you do and you pay to much they will send it back to you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe the license itself is $117 and that's what needs to be sent in with your application.

I've had my CWP for 6 years now, but $117 is how much I remember sending in w/the application.

Gunshow CWP Class.

$35 class fee
$5  fingerprints
$5  picture

$117 license fee good for 5 years. Total investment $162.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for what HighStrung1 said.

At least that's what I paid!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe the license itself is $117 and that's what needs to be sent in with your application.

I've had my CWP for 6 years now, but $117 is how much I remember sending in w/the application.

Gunshow CWP Class.

$35 class fee
$5  fingerprints
$5  picture

$117 license fee good for 5 years. Total investment $162.

HS1

he had his f/p digitaly done NOT inked , online $39.00 then mail w/recept from w.f.c. w/ check for $75.00 to dept of ag. at the g/s they dont tell you about digital prints cause they would loss your $5.00! digital prints you get lic in 3 weeks or less. ink prints 3 months or less . at g/s you are money NOT a student.... and digital print just came avalible within the past 2 years or so. unfortitly i see this alot at the g/s, my students normaly get there perments in about a week and a half after mailing. sorry for the rant, i just get figity about mis-information or the lack of telling the truth. i hope this helps you, also you save $3.00 getting your prints digitaly aka "life scan":  
ps: the lack of telling the truth: the g/s people still dont tell you about life scan, remember $5.00
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:19:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks for the replies everyone.  And thanks to Azathoth777 for mailing me directly regarding this.  I had called the Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services earlier in the day and got the info directly from them.  Wrote out my check for $75 and sent that with everything.... except a photocopy of the receipt from paying online.  Didn't realize that I had to send that too until I'd already mailed everything out.  The directions weren't very clear on that at all.  The saftey course instructor said nothing about sending that in and neither did the sheriff's department when they did the digital prints.  So, it looks like that even though I did the digital prints, the damned permit is still going to take 3 months.  I'll mail out a copy of the receipt separately in the morning but I imagine it won't make a difference to the buerocrats running things.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't ask me, when I first got mine they were good for 3 years, and cost $165 the first time.

Also I had to apply to the Department of state, not the Agriculture Dept.  When were those changes made?

I think I got mine 10-11 years ago.

Its definately a reasonable price for a worthwhile purpose (especially when you consider the loss of a 3 day waiting period for purchases).

Steve L.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]
the class at a reputable shop is worth the $$$$. i've had my cwp before and i did the gun show thing (before they required you to shoot) it was $35 and $8 or 10 bucks for a photo. back in the day they didn't have the digital prints it took 87 days to get my permit. seeing is azaroth nor aim4myhead don't make a single extra buck TELLING you to get the digital prints i suggest their class. it was a better class than the gun show class i took years ago and you get coupons for 2 free hours of range time. $74 seems high till you realize 1] you get a better class, 2 the range is right their to do the shoot part and 3 you get $34 of that back in the form of range time and 4]th they run the class every sunday @ 4pm. you don't have to wait for the gun show. i got mugged friday night. the next gun show isn't till the end of october here. i'll have my permit long before then.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the class at a reputable shop is worth the $$$$. i've had my cwp before and i did the gun show thing (before they required you to shoot) it was $35 and $8 or 10 bucks for a photo. back in the day they didn't have the digital prints it took 87 days to get my permit. seeing is azaroth nor aim4myhead don't make a single extra buck TELLING you to get the digital prints i suggest their class. it was a better class than the gun show class i took years ago and you get coupons for 2 free hours of range time. $74 seems high till you realize 1] you get a better class, 2 the range is right their to do the shoot part and 3 you get $34 of that back in the form of range time and 4]th they run the class every sunday @ 4pm. you don't have to wait for the gun show. i got mugged friday night. the next gun show isn't till the end of october here. i'll have my permit long before then.

AZATHOTH (sorry) lets see how long it takes you to get your permit(once you send it). our students=week and 1/2 seems to be the average if you get to sending it....dont forget to print your recept from w.f.c. or youll be s.o.l ..... we just care. we actualy like to teach...aza
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top