Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:40:18 AM EST
scope magnification lens.
I have a few scopes ,vortex pst and nightforce atacr and the vortex crosshairs are big enough for me to see easily but,
the NF MOAR is a challenge without my 1.25 reading glasses on.

My question is does anyone make a screw in lens for the NF that I can have a 1.25 prescription made into it like reading glasses ?

I know I can continue with my glasses but sure would be easier with a screw in magnification lens.

Thanks for any and all help group.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:45:52 AM EST
Never heard of one. Would it work on the objective end or would it need to be mounted on the ocular piece?

Sounds like a good project for duct tape......
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:50:57 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mathecb:
Never heard of one. Would it work on the objective end or would it need to be mounted on the ocular piece?

Sounds like a good project for duct tape......
View Quote

Reading glasses work fine just trying to see if there is one out there that fits on the eye peice si I can do without my glasses.

Duct tape is a option.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:07:16 AM EST
Will adjusting the diopter (eyepiece focus) not provide you the result you need without your corrective lens?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:25:12 AM EST
It helps but still is hard to see the cross hairs. With my reading glasses it's totally clear and easy to see.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:25:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By 00bullitt:
Will adjusting the diopter (eyepiece focus) not provide you the result you need without your corrective lens?
View Quote

This always worked for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:36:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By ikickhippies:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I guess I'll go back to the range and try to adjust the eye piece focus again and see if I can get it in focus better.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:39:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By chopps:

I guess I'll go back to the range and try to adjust the eye piece focus again and see if I can get it in focus better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Try not looking at a target. Bare blue sky or an all white background helps to keep your eye focused on the reticle and not what's behind it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:44:28 AM EST
It helps but still is hard to see the cross hairs. With my reading glasses it's totally clear and easy to see.
View Quote

The ATACR can adjust +/- 2.5 and should be able to focus the crosshairs for you, but you will have to adjust between corrected and non-corrected.

Just make sure you set the diopter properly and not while looking at the target and set the parallax to infinity. Look into a clear blue sky or into a solid white background as IKH mentions You do not want the eye to focus on anything but the crosshairs. You should take snap views....no more than 1.5 seconds or the eye begins to correct.The crosshairs should be sharp to the eye when viewed quickly. The diopter is essentailly the corrective lens to see the crosshair. The scope will focus the downrange image if diopter is set properly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:24:11 AM EST
I've always had my students set the diopter focus while looking into a bare, blue sky.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:28:59 PM EST
Ok, took a while but i can see it now but with my reading glasses its alot better.
Clear blue sky was right just had to fiddle for a while to get it right.
Thanks to all.
Top Top