Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 8:46:10 AM EDT
Will a Rock River Upper (Varmint A4 Upper Half) fit a Bushmaster lower?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#1]
why not?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Was just asking. I am new to this whole AR thing. Just wanted to make sure I was not buying something that don't work.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#3]
If it says AR15 on the side then all (well almost all) parts are interchangeable between different manufacturers.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If it says AR15 on the side then all (well almost all) parts are interchangeable between different manufacturers.

Very few guns say AR15 on the side anymore. They say M-15, LAR-15, XM15-E2S, Sporter, M4, etc.

Almost everything is compatible except Colt SP1 uppers and lowers which used large hole front pivot pins. For those you need an adaptor.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all. I am off to build my new toy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I have seen Bushmaster uppers that were tight on RR lowers, but don't know about the other way around.  

Howard
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:50:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have seen Bushmaster uppers that were tight on RR lowers, but don't know about the other way around.  

Howard

You are correct.  Because RRA/Stag/CMT does not machine the relief area at the back of the lower receiver, some Bushmaster and Colt uppers will not fit on a RRA lower.  Some will fit, but they take a lot of pounding.  All can be filed and fitted.

However, the reverse in this situation.... RRA uppers will fit fine on a Bushmaster lower.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top