Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 8:30:30 PM EDT
I posted this in my other thread, but since we got SO way off topic (I blame you, Feisty...), I think it was missed.

So I'll ask again: Does anyone know if it's ok to light a small fire after dark at the area around MM103?

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I posted this in my other thread, but since we got SO way off topic (I blame you, Feisty...), I think it was missed.

So I'll ask again: Does anyone know if it's ok to light a small fire after dark at the area around MM103?

Ha!  I resemble that comment.   But yes it was missed..Continue..
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm running out of time before I need an answer to this. Can anyone help, please??
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
You should probably direct this question to NDOW or BLM...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Do remember you're in a desert with joshua trees that will ignite like white phosphorus round out of a 105mm howitzer and fires often attract attention you may not want.  Be it from a BLM Ranger or some scallywag desert wanderer.  That said, have fun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you, 1337-G!

ETA: Oops...and thanks to you as well, Defensor.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]
When in doubt, refer to our government overlords.

It might make sense for you to call them and make sure, as the MM103 area is easily visible from the highway and close to the DNWR.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the help. We found the spot and had a great time, despite the wind messing up my trajectory chi.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top