Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/21/2006 1:15:46 PM EST
I'm kind of foggy on this issue so I hope someone more knowledge in this can chime in:

If I have a FFL dealer do a transfer for an AR-15 receiver, and then I send the receiver back to the manufacturer for a refund, do I have to tell my FFL dealer, the ATF, or the local police station anything? Or do I make a note that I returned the receiver to the manufacturer and keep a record of the shipping receipt or something?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:21:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/21/2006 4:22:30 PM EST by gordie48001]
You have two options...

First you could have the dealer send it back to where it came from but they will have to process it like a new trasnaction and enter it in their bound book again and log it out to the manufacturer when they send it. They will charge you for this I am sure.


You, as a private individual, can send firearms to a licensed person/business in another state so you can directly send it. This becomes hazy in regards to handguns. Since the state requires registration you should send handguns through a dealer so they may do the proper paperwork and get the gun unregistered from you.

Did you buy the receiver as a handgun or long gun?

No matter what you do always keep records.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:32:38 PM EST
It's an AR-15 non-pistol lower receiver (stripped).
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:59:56 PM EST
I bought a mega lower once, and it was out of spec, so i sent it right back to them, and they sent me another one. I think thats how you would do it, just without the part where they send you another one.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:41:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By metroplex:
It's an AR-15 non-pistol lower receiver (stripped).

How makes it? Since you could probably sell it:)
Top Top