Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:35:37 PM EDT
I  have a M1 enforcer pistol which a dealer in California wants to buy...can this weapon be shipped to & sold in California?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Only if it is registered as an assault weapon, and it may only be sold out of state
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:41:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the applicable part of the Penal Code that makes the Enforcer an "assault weapon" in California:

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Even if they put a normal stock on it, it would still be an SBR (right?)

I think selling it to anyone in California is a BAD idea, irregardless of if they are a dealer.

If you are really set on selling it to this guy, get him to send you a copy of his AW FFL or get a notarized leter from a local Sheriff saying it's ok for him to own it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think this guy is in the wrong if he ships it to CA as long as he gets an FFL from the guy. The FFL may have the permits for it, you never know.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Correct me if I'm wrong,  but I believe there are no legal repercussions in this instance for the seller only the buyer in CA.

It's up to the resident to know what they're allowed to legally bring into the state and how.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong,  but I believe there are no legal repercussions in this instance for the seller only the buyer in CA.

It's up to the resident to know what they're allowed to legally bring into the state and how.

I believe that is correct, as long as the seller follows the federal rules the rest is up to the buyer. You'd be suprized at how much "illegal" stuff shows up at FFL's in CA and they can't let it go to the buyer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top