Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2018 1:24:21 AM EDT
I am an Arizonan on an extended visit to the San Diego area and have a question. I’ve hit up numerous gunshops while here and it struck me today that I haven’t seen any muzzleloader supplies or guns. Why is that? In Arizona even a lot of Walmart stores have muzzleloaders and their supplies. Just wondering.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen them in stores.  Usually just the modern in-line stuff, though.  Not considered firearms in CA for sale/transfer purposes.  I think WalMart has policies for CA stores that limit what they can sell.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I never really noticed before, my local gun store has BP supplies.  Walmarts in CA don't sell firearms, maybe that extends to BP too?  In my county Walmart doesn't even sell ammo.  I think most BP stuff is way cheaper online.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I could've sworn I saw some cheap muzzleloading stuff at a "local" Walmart here. I say "local", because it's the closest one outside of my county because my county doesn't want Wally world selling ammo.
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot any type of muzzleloader at a public range.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could've sworn I saw some cheap muzzleloading stuff at a "local" Walmart here. I say "local", because it's the closest one outside of my county because my county doesn't want Wally world selling ammo.
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot any type of muzzleloader at a public range.
View Quote
I see it all the time at my range. Huge clouds of smoke.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Walker 47 was a nice BP shop in orange county unfortunately they shut down last year. That was the only place I could find real BP. Bass pro in rancho has a small section but only sells pryodex. I've never seen anything but ammo at Walmart and my local one is very limited on that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I pissed off a few guys shooting a pair of 1851 Navy repros.  I was the first guy on the range (indoor range) that day.  RO said it was no problem, as long as no one complained.  Couple guys came in after 20 minutes or so, and set up to shoot.  While I was reloading, they were happily plinking away, not even paying attention to me.  Soon as I stepped up to the line and emptied both pistols, they started coughing and bitching about all the smoke. Couple more people had come in while I was shooting and bitched about the smoke.

I got in one more turn emptying both pistols before the RO shut me down.  It was fun as hell seeing those guys getting all pissy about the smoke though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#7]
A range I used to frequent had an area just for BP.  So, I'm setting up and have my .45 colt Blackhawk on the table.  A couple of "regulars" told me I couldn't shoot that there as it was a BP only area.  I ignored them and they went and found the RO.  As the RO and friends walked up I fired the first round.  Seems the "regulars" weren't aware there was such a thing as a BP cartridge.  I just kept shooting and smiling.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I pissed off a few guys shooting a pair of 1851 Navy repros.  I was the first guy on the range (indoor range) that day.  RO said it was no problem, as long as no one complained.  Couple guys came in after 20 minutes or so, and set up to shoot.  While I was reloading, they were happily plinking away, not even paying attention to me.  Soon as I stepped up to the line and emptied both pistols, they started coughing and bitching about all the smoke. Couple more people had come in while I was shooting and bitched about the smoke.

I got in one more turn emptying both pistols before the RO shut me down.  It was fun as hell seeing those guys getting all pissy about the smoke though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't bother me one bit!

Not sure which indoor range you were using at that time.

I prefer YSA and being out doors however!

I am just hoping they get the 100yd range fixed soon!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top