Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/10/2018 1:24:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/10/2018 1:24:45 AM EDT by wessono]
I am an Arizonan on an extended visit to the San Diego area and have a question. I’ve hit up numerous gunshops while here and it struck me today that I haven’t seen any muzzleloader supplies or guns. Why is that? In Arizona even a lot of Walmart stores have muzzleloaders and their supplies. Just wondering.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:30:05 AM EDT
I've seen them in stores. Usually just the modern in-line stuff, though. Not considered firearms in CA for sale/transfer purposes. I think WalMart has policies for CA stores that limit what they can sell.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 4:53:10 PM EDT
I never really noticed before, my local gun store has BP supplies. Walmarts in CA don't sell firearms, maybe that extends to BP too? In my county Walmart doesn't even sell ammo. I think most BP stuff is way cheaper online.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:28:46 AM EDT
I could've sworn I saw some cheap muzzleloading stuff at a "local" Walmart here. I say "local", because it's the closest one outside of my county because my county doesn't want Wally world selling ammo.
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot any type of muzzleloader at a public range.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:46:39 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By endermend:
I could've sworn I saw some cheap muzzleloading stuff at a "local" Walmart here. I say "local", because it's the closest one outside of my county because my county doesn't want Wally world selling ammo.
Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone shoot any type of muzzleloader at a public range.
View Quote
I see it all the time at my range. Huge clouds of smoke.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 5:34:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2018 5:36:06 PM EDT by RockRash]
Walker 47 was a nice BP shop in orange county unfortunately they shut down last year. That was the only place I could find real BP. Bass pro in rancho has a small section but only sells pryodex. I've never seen anything but ammo at Walmart and my local one is very limited on that.
Top Top