Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2017 1:02:21 PM EDT
I live in Wv and work in Frederick. At times I might go to a shooting range or pass through to pa to go to a friends to shoot at his house.

To keep it legal:

I have the pistol in a pelican case with a combo pad lock. I also have a trigger lock with the key stored with the gun in the case(overkill I know)

What about the mags? I have 4 15 round mags. Can I store them loaded in another locked box? Store them loaded in the glove box? Can I store them loaded at all?

I would rather store them in another pelican case but if I need to store them else where I can.

Where should the ammo go?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:06:09 AM EDT
http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Pages/FAQs.aspx

?They must be unloaded, in a carrying case, holster with a flap and the ammunition should be separate. It would be best to keep the unloaded weapon in the trunk where you do not have access to it. There are further regulations but essentially you can only transport a handgun between residence, to and from a repair shop, a shooting sporting event, between a residence and place of business if substantially owned and operated by the person. For more information please contact our Licensing Division?.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 8:07:29 PM EDT
I'm in almost the same boat but have the added fun of working on base. I drop mine off at my father's shop in morning and pick up after work.

At least that is what I plan on doing. But going from 85 up 15 in the morning and going back after work gives me nightmares.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 4:23:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 8:26:56 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Forest:

You can't.

Legally your handgun can not be in your vehicle at your place of work.
View Quote
Unless I'm passing through to pa to shoot right?
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 8:27:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Gary_631:
I'm in almost the same boat but have the added fun of working on base. I drop mine off at my father's shop in morning and pick up after work.

At least that is what I plan on doing. But going from 85 up 15 in the morning and going back after work gives me nightmares.
View Quote
You're not the guy in the red truck that passes everyone on the shoulder on 15 are you?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 10:55:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JMichael99:

Unless I'm passing through to pa to shoot right?
View Quote
not if you stop and work for the day
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 1:00:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 2:45:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JMichael99:......What about the mags?.....
View Quote
http://shell-central.com/pic_link/213/MD/AG%20Loaded%20Magazines.pdf
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 4:30:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JMichael99:

You're not the guy in the red truck that passes everyone on the shoulder on 15 are you?
View Quote
Nope haven't seen that one yet, must be different commute time. I'm in a sliver Subaru Legacy. My truck is black with lots of rust and not running right now....
Top Top