Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:08:39 AM EDT

As of today I have no waiting list for Civilian memberships (associate). I can take the first thirty five who come in this weekend and join. It will be first come first serve. The cost is $60.00 for a one year membership or $120.00 for two years. The Civilian membership cannot exceed 1/3 of our total membership. So hurry in and join while you can.
QSC
Operations Officer

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:50:27 AM EDT
True enough. Hopefully we'll get a crop of people that want to actively support the club...
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:46:14 PM EDT
I am interested in membership. where is signup and what are hours on Sat.
email sent. Friday or Saturday are only days I can be at Quantico, but am not familiar with range location.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/10/2006 4:23:48 AM EDT by theprofessor]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:18:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:43:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911SFOREVER:
True enough. Hopefully we'll get a crop of people that want to actively support the club...

I tried a few years ago but let my membership expire. At that time it was difficult to get RSO's to open up the range and for only a limited time. No 50 cal, no supressors and no full auto. That means no membership for me. If that changed I'd be back asap.

Though, they did once open up range 4 @1000 yards for 50cal. That was a nice day and 300whisper came out and took a few photos.

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:13:21 PM EDT
I too am very interested.

I can only make it down there tomorrow, though, I'm working Saturday. Will anyone be around tomorrow?

-tc
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:55:43 AM EDT
IM sent
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:18:07 AM EDT
I'm interested as well, but I don't see a drive from Arlington to Quantico as being a "fun" drive this weekend. I don't feel like dealing with the folks who seem to think that they know how to drive in even a dusting of snow on I-395 but can't. I guess I'll just try and mail in the application. I have one question though: what about the space on the Associate application for a QSC Sponsor?

thanks,

lansker
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:59:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 7:

I tried a few years ago but let my membership expire. At that time it was difficult to get RSO's to open up the range and for only a limited time. No 50 cal, no supressors and no full auto. That means no membership for me. If that changed I'd be back asap.

Though, they did once open up range 4 @1000 yards for 50cal. That was a nice day and 300whisper came out and took a few photos.

Did you ever take the RSO course? Open a range? Volunteer for a match? Attend a club meeting?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:11:43 AM EDT
I was almost at the top of the now non-existing waiting list!!!!
I'll be there sunday.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:23:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 7:

Did you ever take the RSO course? Open a range? Volunteer for a match? Attend a club meeting?

No, No (can't unless you are a RSO) and they only had classes to train as a RSO at bad times. Yes and YES.

One meeting went for hours while they grilled this nice older gentleman on some bad range etiquette.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:21:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 7:

Originally Posted By 7:

No, No (can't unless you are a RSO) and they only had classes to train as a RSO at bad times. Yes and YES.

One meeting went for hours while they grilled this nice older gentleman on some bad range etiquette.

That meeting wasn't one of the Club's finest hours and is a recurring nightmare of mine. I am ashamed to say that I presided over that abomination, but the nice older gentlemen you refer to pushed us down that road. It went way beyond range safety. That whole case was a legacy of my predecessor, who was also instrumental in getting class III banned from those ranges.

Things have changed A LOT since those days. The RSO requirement is still there, but range 4 is open frequently for the long range guys. We're holding .50 cal matches and some other neat stuff is happening. You might want to get back on board.

John
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:45:16 PM EDT
The window on this opportunity has now closed. There were easily 20 people in the parking lot at 0800 this morning!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:53:41 PM EDT

The window on this opportunity has now closed. There were easily 20 people in the parking lot at 0800 this morning!

I thought it was sunday sighn up day. that blows. I was so close to the top of the old waiting list...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:45:53 AM EDT
Damn sounds like you got the shaft on that one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:24:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By voodochild:
Damn sounds like you got the shaft on that one.

If signup was saturday, I'm gonna bitch and moan about religious discrimination. not kidding.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:09:13 PM EDT
Chapperjoe,

The clubhouse is open on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. The ops officer actually surprised us with the heads-up that there were open slots. With that said, if you would like to get on Range 1, give me a shout, I open it most Sundays.

Rick
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:22:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RickE7:
Chapperjoe,

The clubhouse is open on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. The ops officer actually surprised us with the heads-up that there were open slots. With that said, if you would like to get on Range 1, give me a shout, I open it most Sundays.

Rick

thanks. Situation still blows. But thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:13:02 PM EDT
Question about the club:

How often are the ranges open? I've been thinking about joining (as a military member) but looking at the website it seems to me that the ranges are never open (I would eventually be interested in becoming an RO).

KoAT
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:30:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By King_of_All_Tyrants:
Question about the club:

How often are the ranges open? I've been thinking about joining (as a military member) but looking at the website it seems to me that the ranges are never open (I would eventually be interested in becoming an RO).

KoAT

Range 1 is open about 3 times a month on weekends (Range 1 goes to 300yds), Range 4 is open about once a month lately which goes to 1000yds.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:40:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By King_of_All_Tyrants:
Question about the club:

KoAT

lemme know if you do. I can get in with you and a buddy under the "two heros + one shlub = membership" rule.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:01:17 AM EDT
"As of today I have no waiting list for Civilian memberships (associate). I can take the first thirty five who come in this weekend and join. It will be first come first serve. The cost is $60.00 for a one year membership or $120.00 for two years. The Civilian membership cannot exceed 1/3 of our total membership. So hurry in and join while you can.
QSC
Operations Officer"

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
If signup was saturday, I'm gonna bitch and moan about religious discrimination. not kidding.

First come, first serve. No mention at all of Saturday exclusive signups. Don't make this more than it is.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:11:47 AM EDT
first come first serve saturday signups are almost exactly how WASPy country clubs kept jews (who are visible jews) out for years.

Not saying that happened here. Just saying I'm giving them a call tomorrow and will bring this up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:51:50 AM EDT

first come first serve saturday signups are almost exactly how WASPy country clubs kept jews (who are visible jews) out for years.

Not saying that happened here. Just saying I'm giving them a call tomorrow and will bring this up.

Give me a break, i'm sure they thought before they thought of the sign in day "which religions won't be able to come out here this day"

I hope you seriously aren't going to call and complain about religious discrimination.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:23:07 AM EDT
King_of_All_Tyrants,

The ranges are run on a strictly volunteer RSO basis. I try and keep Range 1 (300m rifle) (300 Win Mag limit) open every Sunday (needs of the Air Force permitting). Another RSO has been opening Range 4 (1000m rifle) (.50 BMG limit) once or twice a month. The pistol range is open 2-3 days a month and the shotgun range is open most weekends and an odd day through the week.

If you're checking the website for availability, sorry to say that it not updated to reflect reality. The best way to find out what ranges are open for the weekend is to call on Friday and listen to the clubhouse recording (phone number on the website).

We really need more military members and you will find it hard to beat the price ($48.00 or $60.00)

Rick
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:04:23 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fiend:

Give me a break, i'm sure they thought before they thought of the sign in day "which religions won't be able to come out here this day"

I hope you seriously aren't going to call and complain about religious discrimination.

I'm not gonna call up and complain about religious discrimination.

I'm calling to say
a) I was right on top of the waiting list, how come if you had open spots, you didn't call the folsk on the list first?
b) If you were having an 'open sighnup' how come the folks on the waiting list weren't notified (I heard thirdhand about it)

the saturday sighnup is just something that bugs me. I guess I'm just sensitive to these things.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:32:05 AM EDT
The wait list was stored on our webserver. When that website crashed, all was lost.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:12:19 AM EDT
Damn sounds like someone made the big mistake of not having a full backup on hand. Oh well good luck with all that. I have a feeling it is going to get messy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:51:54 AM EDT
still not cool.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:24:21 PM EDT
OK, I'm a .mil guy.

Can I join on Sunday? I'd like to think that I'm at least 1/2 of a civy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:04:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2006 1:17:21 PM EDT by 1911SFOREVER]
Here's the latest from the QSC:

The club had a great response to the 35 slots we had open last Saturday. I had approximately 25 people waiting in the parking lot when I arrived at the clubhouse on Saturday morning in the cold wet weather. The remaining 10 slots were filled by 1100 that day. I realize that not everyone who wished to join was able to come down on Saturday for various reasons. As I stated in the original email it would be first come first serve, as it would not be fair to take applications via snail mail or over the phone to those who were waiting in the weather.

Jim Bobbitt
Operations Officer
QSC
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:19:05 PM EDT

King_of_All_Tyrants,

The ranges are run on a strictly volunteer RSO basis. I try and keep Range 1 (300m rifle) (300 Win Mag limit) open every Sunday (needs of the Air Force permitting). Another RSO has been opening Range 4 (1000m rifle) (.50 BMG limit) once or twice a month. The pistol range is open 2-3 days a month and the shotgun range is open most weekends and an odd day through the week.

If you're checking the website for availability, sorry to say that it not updated to reflect reality. The best way to find out what ranges are open for the weekend is to call on Friday and listen to the clubhouse recording (phone number on the website).

We really need more military members and you will find it hard to beat the price ($48.00 or $60.00)

Rick

All right, dude (or, is that MSgt?). You've sold me .

I'll send my application in within the next week or so. Do I need to do anything to verify my DOD affiliation (e.g. send a copy of my CAC card?)

Chapperjoe, take note!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:24:26 PM EDT
dport,

If you are military or DOD civilian, then you're right in. I've already submitted times for Range 1 on Sunday, hope to see you there.

King_of_All_Tyrants,

Go to the website, print off the application, mail it in. I don't think you need to send a copy of your "CAC" card, they'll just check it when you show up for your membership card (though I could be wrong on this). I'm always glad to see more military/DOD civilians join, it helps in getting everyone else out on the ranges.

Old member name (I quess it should be RickE8 now).

chapperjoe,

Grap dport and King_of_All_Tyrants and use them as your gateway.

Rick
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:33:12 PM EDT

dport,

If you are military or DOD civilian, then you're right in. I've already submitted times for Range 1 on Sunday, hope to see you there.

King_of_All_Tyrants,

Go to the website, print off the application, mail it in. I don't think you need to send a copy of your "CAC" card, they'll just check it when you show up for your membership card (though I could be wrong on this). I'm always glad to see more military/DOD civilians join, it helps in getting everyone else out on the ranges.

Old member name (I quess it should be RickE8 now).

chapperjoe,

Grap dport and King_of_All_Tyrants and use them as your gateway.

Rick

Definiltey. I've been itching to join for a while now. Lemme read up teh site and see how we do this. Are you guys up for it?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:06:27 AM EDT
The guy there is holding me a spot until I can find a sponsor, but I do have the ability to get a CAC card. Would this get me in, regardless?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:01:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/5/2006 10:02:26 AM EDT by nmorse]
I was also on the list to join up and I agree this stinks but that is the way it goes. If all was lost, all was lost.

I was out of country until yesterday and saw the posting, I called today and all the slots are gone!!! I can win for losing.

So now Im looking for some military or DOD civilians to go in with me. I have one other who is a DOD civ who wants to join too. Drop me a noe if you are a Military or DOD Civilian and you would be willing to hook me up. Id like to go down next weekend and sign up. Nelson

easyrhino72@yahoo.com
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 1:25:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dport:
OK, I'm a .mil guy.

Can I join on Sunday? I'd like to think that I'm at least 1/2 of a civy.

OK a couple of weeks ago, I went to join on a Sunday. No one was at the clubhouse. I also found out it is a 100 mile round trip, so I'm out.
Top Top