Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2003 1:24:58 PM EDT
I needed a CQB SOP sling for my new RRA A4 20", and I needed it now.  Nobody in NOVA new what I was talking about, so I drove down to Quantico "The Crossroads of the Marine Corps".  This was my first trip to Quantico Arms, WOW!  If you worship at the alter of "highspeed, low drag" this is your temple.  Everything the wannabe or BTDT guy could want.  Had the sling in stock, plus the CAV Arms C1 stock I wanted.

Great place, if you NOVA guys haven't been there, go just to look around.  Place was full of Marines when I went, all talking shop and telling sea stories.  I had to stay just cause it was a fun place.

Yes, this is an advertisement, no I'm not affiliated.

BBossman
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They ARE great aren't they???

One of Armalite's top dealers too.......so if you ever need anything Armalite they are the go to place.

Ed
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Just as important as having stuff, they know what they are talking about.  Eagle lowers at $85 is the best deal in the country.  Another plus, unlike some gun stores the place isn't swarming with idiots.  Having to travel through the MCB to get to Q-Town weeds out some rifraf.  Somehow I managed to slip through.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes,it was refreshing not being muzzle swept by some wannabe street thug showing his buddies what he'd do down on the block.  While using the standard Glock cocking seration sight picture, of course.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:36:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Did any of you carry/transport onto the base? What was your experience like?

You should have seen the eyes of the guard when we affirmed we had weapons with us when asked. Must have been her first experience with that answer.

She goes and gets Sgt. from the shack. Sgt. comes over and we advise that we are in compliance with the Provost Marshall's order for transporting on base. Sgt. sends us on our way.

The guard was a little dumbfounded, but she was calm and professional throughout the situation.

Guess it helped that we didn't look like a bunch of thugs. I mean with 2 kids in their car seats we didn't look too threating.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:48:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Did any of you carry/transport onto the base? What was your experience like?

You should have seen the eyes of the guard when we affirmed we had weapons with us when asked. Must have been her first experience with that answer.

She goes and gets Sgt. from the shack. Sgt. comes over and we advise that we are in compliance with the Provost Marshall's order for transporting on base. Sgt. sends us on our way.

The guard was a little dumbfounded, but she was calm and professional throughout the situation.

Guess it helped that we didn't look like a bunch of thugs. I mean with 2 kids in their car seats we didn't look too threating.

I comply with this and have never had a problem:

MARINE CORPS BASE ORDER 8000.1

However, once on Ft. Myer I forgot a loaded H&K USP mag in my trunk and 5 rounds of 300WinMag in the sleeve, under about three layers of cold weather sports gear, and the SGT found it during his inspection of my trunk.

They made me stash it, wrapped in a shirt in the trunk, wedged deep in between a couple items.  They repeatedly asked me if I had either of the weapons that that ammo went to.  I said no....turned out to be no big deal.

The SGT asked how I liked the USP40c....he was obviously a shooter.  He also asked if the 300WM was a hunting or "tactical rifle"??...
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Few weeks ago... at the checkpoint.

(ME)Hi,  I belong to the Quantico shooting club and we are shooting on range 4.
(Guard)Can I see your drivers license.  Any weapons in the car.  

(Say to myself... duh what did I just say)  (ME)Why yes, a 50 caliber for shooting on range 4.
(Guard)Uhh, ok bye.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Few weeks ago... at the checkpoint.

(ME)Hi,  I belong to the Quantico shooting club and we are shooting on range 4.
(Guard)Can I see your drivers license.  Any weapons in the car.  

(Say to myself... duh what did I just say)  (ME)Why yes, a 50 caliber for shooting on range 4.
(Guard)Uhh, ok bye.

That is during threat level YELLOW.

Threat level ORANGE would be slightly different.
(You)Hi,  I belong to the Quantico shooting club and we are shooting on range 4.
(Guard)Can I see your drivers license.  Any weapons in the car?  

(Say to myself... duh what did I just say)  (You)Why yes, a 50 caliber for shooting on range 4.
(Guard)Uhh, Range 4? Ok, watch out for terrorists with high powered rifles. Bye.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top