Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2004 5:46:56 PM EST
For anyone who has had the opportunity to inspect the two first hand, can you give me (and others) a quality comparison between the FAB10 and DPMS single shot lower?

I'm looking at purchasing one now, registering it as a .50bmg, and purchasing a Ferret upper sometime in the future (when I have the money).

Bill
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:53:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By TKoProductions:
For anyone who has had the opportunity to inspect the two first hand, can you give me (and others) a quality comparison between the FAB10 and DPMS single shot lower?

I'm looking at purchasing one now, registering it as a .50bmg, and purchasing a Ferret upper sometime in the future (when I have the money).

Bill

Get a FAB-10 - at least you have the other 9 rounds available if you want to convert from .50BMG to 5.56 (and back) later on
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:56:31 AM EST
I am not sure about this, but I think on a fab 10 with the mag perminatley mounted in the lower will get in the way if the ferret type 50 cal uppers. This is what I was told by a dealer. I wanted to go the same route. Can anyone verify this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:55:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By unixcock:
I am not sure about this, but I think on a fab 10 with the mag perminatley mounted in the lower will get in the way if the ferret type 50 cal uppers. This is what I was told by a dealer. I wanted to go the same route. Can anyone verify this.

That sounds about right. It's a simple matter to remove the fixed magazine, though. Just drill out one rivet and back out a set screw.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:22:56 PM EST
DPMS singleshot-$179.99
Fab10-$299.99
Top Top