Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 4:14:26 PM EDT
i picked up a used 2nd gen and am considering sending it in for a slide refinishing, is it $25? what else would they do to it for no charge? the extractor looks pretty banged up, dont know how this wear could have occured on the exterior of it. also would i need to have it shipped back to an ffl and would the ffl be entitled to charge me anything for receiving it? tia

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:35:21 PM EDT
You don't need an FFL for just the slide.

Not sure on the pricing, you'd have to give them a call. I have a 1st gen G23 I wanted the have the slide refinished on, and then asked about upgrading the frame to a 3rd gen. The price wasn't bad as I recall, but I got busy with other things and put it on the back burner. When swapping the frames you need to go to an FFL on the return shipping back to you, it is a new serial number and essentially a new gun.

A few friends have sent handguns back to S&W and Springfield for work w/o an FFL, just UPS RED.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:36:44 PM EDT
You can ship UPS or FedEx, generally you need to go overnight, and ship it from a hub, not a resale store (MailBox Etc, Kinkos).

You can ship it directly to the licensed refinisher/FFL/manufacturer direct, and they can mail it back directly to you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:45:16 PM EDT
i was thinking about sending the whole gun because someone said there is an ejector upgrade too. ive received guns from s&w and taurus from warranty work years ago but am not sure if things may have changed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:37:21 PM EDT
why, glock dont need no sheeut but maybe new sights.
1st gen one of the first hundred made. never clean it , never do nuthin but put countless rounds thru it.

sheeuut , there i go talking outta my arse again. dont mind me just ranting.but, ask a true professional. not me . someone who knows wtf the're talkin bout.

carne
Top Top