Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 6:16:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/12/2009 6:26:24 AM EST by bodybagger]
Can residents of Maryland legally purchase a pre-ban AR from someone in another state? I am thinking of selling my pre-ban Colt 6530 and getting something newer since I'm in a free state.I prefer it go to someone in a ban state but I'm wary of putting on thr EE until I know where I can legally ship it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:03:04 AM EST
You're gonna ship it to a FFL. He'll know if he can transfer it or not in his state.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:22:53 PM EST
We are NOT a "ban" state. I dont know why everyone thinks Maryland is some taboo state like NJ or CA.
Yes, our politicians are liberal anti gunners, but we can buy anything you can buy (*see last line). The only thing is that we have to jump through a few more hoops than you. Pistols need to be transferred through an FFL and if they were made after 2004 ish, they need to have the empty case sent to SP directly from the manuf. so that pretty much rules out out-of-state handgun purchases on new handguns. As for AR's, AK's and other such evil weapons, they have to be transferred through a dealer. No big deal, just a 7 day wait to get one. We can still own what you own EXCEPT: Our mags can only be 20 rnds max. So we cant order 30 rnd mags and have them shipped here.

So dont think that you're going to sell your pre-ban rifle to a MD'er and make some massive profit.

Originally Posted By bodybagger:
Can residents of Maryland legally purchase a pre-ban AR from someone in another state? I am thinking of selling my pre-ban Colt 6530 and getting something newer since I'm in a free state.I prefer it go to someone in a ban state but I'm wary of putting on thr EE until I know where I can legally ship it. Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:03:33 AM EST
Wasn't planning to screw anyone on it, just thought someone in a ban state would appreciate someone on the outside thinking about them. I know what you're thinking though, sad we all have to be that way.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:27:29 AM EST
Wasn't planning to screw anyone on it, just thought someone in a ban state would appreciate someone on the outside thinking about them. I know what you're thinking though, sad we all have to be that way.

Like was said before...this isn't a ban state.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:52:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By TheRealSundance:

From NRA-ILA:
State “Assault Weapon” Bans
California banned “assault weapons” in May 1989, and New Jersey banned “assault firearms” in 1990. California’s ban labeled several dozen firearms as “assault weapons” by name, while New Jersey’s named a similar number of guns but banned additional guns on the basis of their external attachments.28 Both states allowed owners to register and keep banned guns already owned, but New Jersey limited that option to guns “used in competitive shooting matches sanctioned by the Director of Civilian Marksmanship” (AR-15s, M1As and M1 Carbines).29 In both states, only about 10 percent of the estimated number of banned guns were registered. California expanded its ban in 2000, by defining other guns as “assault weapons,” including those having only one of the proscribed attachments. Other states subsequently banned “assault weapons” (Connecticut, 1993; Massachusetts, 1998; New York, 2000; or “assault pistols” (Hawaii, 1992; Maryland, 1994).30

I incorrectly thought Maryland was a "Ban" state because of the above from the NRA. I'm sorry to have offended you. I hereby respectfully withdraw from your urinating contest. I now see that only "assault pistols" are covered by this. Good day & Good riddance!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:23:08 AM EST

From NRA-ILA:
California banned “assault weapons” in May 1989, and New Jersey banned “assault firearms” in 1990. California’s ban labeled several dozen firearms as “assault weapons” by name, while New Jersey’s named a similar number of guns but banned additional guns on the basis of their external attachments.28 Both states allowed owners to register and keep banned guns already owned, but New Jersey limited that option to guns “used in competitive shooting matches sanctioned by the Director of Civilian Marksmanship” (AR-15s, M1As and M1 Carbines).29 In both states, only about 10 percent of the estimated number of banned guns were registered. California expanded its ban in 2000, by defining other guns as “assault weapons,” including those having only one of the proscribed attachments. Other states subsequently banned “assault weapons” (Connecticut, 1993; Massachusetts, 1998; New York, 2000; or “assault pistols” (Hawaii, 1992; Maryland, 1994).30

I incorrectly thought Maryland was a "Ban" state because of the above from the NRA. I'm sorry to have offended you. I hereby respectfully withdraw from your urinating contest. I now see that only "assault pistols" are covered by this. Good day & Good riddance!

Offended? Please. Just pointing out that this isn't a ban state for AR's. You seem to be the offended one, that someone would think you are trying to unload a preban to a ban state for a premium price.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:30:45 PM EST

From NRA-ILA:

I incorrectly thought Maryland was a "Ban" state because of the above from the NRA. I'm sorry to have offended you. I hereby respectfully withdraw from your urinating contest. No urine was spilled here. I now see that only "assault pistols" are covered by this. Good day & Good riddance! Good riddance? Your'e the one who's in our hometown forum
Top Top