Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2016 6:39:32 PM EDT
Has anyone done this recently?

Being in an exempt category and having a handful of cabelas gift cards (and probably getting more over the holidays) I have been contemplating picking up a couple anderson lowers using the holiday promotions. It sure would beat paying retail and/or FFL transfer fees. Will they even attempt to make a transaction with me or are they on the "no AW to CT" train?

I will probably make a call in the next few days but several beers have passed tonight and I don't feel like wasting it on hold.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Being in an exempt category and having a handful of cabelas gift cards (and probably getting more over the holidays) I have been contemplating picking up a couple anderson lowers using the holiday promotions. It sure would beat paying retail and/or FFL transfer fees. Will they even attempt to make a transaction with me or are they on the "no AW to CT" train?

I will probably make a call in the next few days but several beers have passed tonight and I don't feel like wasting it on hold.
View Quote

As far as I know the Ct cabelas does not have any ar15's in stock and I doubt they will order you one- best bet is a gunstore
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I've read that will will do firearm transfers.  With proper ID I'm sure they will help you. They are actually good like that.  Go in and ask and see what they say
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
A .mil friend wanted to buy one last year while he was up here.  He didn't see any and asked the worker and he said "Those are banned here, doesn't matter if you are military or police.  Sorry"  Im sure he was just not properly informed, but they are a no-go for AR's as a whole
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Cabelas offers them online but as soon as I put in my CT zip code it yells at me. guess I'll be driving down there sometime soon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
You will be better off just buying ammo at Cabelas, then ordering lowers online and ship them to Delta. Not worth the hassle dealing with Cabelas employees.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cabelas offers them online but as soon as I put in my CT zip code it yells at me. guess I'll be driving down there sometime soon.
View Quote

If you like waisting your time....
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I feel the same way, that's why I decided to ask if it was possible here first.

My last firearm purchase took over 2 hours and 3 employees through cabelas. At delta or newington gun exchange I'm out in no time and can get my suprer dangerous mags while still having daylight left to use them.

On another note I have been picking up a lot of IMI .223 55g for around .27cents a round with discounts at cabelas and loving it.

I just figured it's might be worth more to save the $20 ffl fee on a $50 lower.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I doubt Cabelas lawyers will allow them to sell in CT period.

Your better off ordering a solid lower from PSA, AIM or any other arfcom vendor and having a transfer done through Delta in wallingford for $20

Use your cabela cards for ammo.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 11:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I feel the same way, that's why I decided to ask if it was possible here first.

My last firearm purchase took over 2 hours and 3 employees through cabelas. At delta or newington gun exchange I'm out in no time and can get my suprer dangerous mags while still having daylight left to use them.

On another note I have been picking up a lot of IMI .223 55g for around .27cents a round with discounts at cabelas and loving it.

I just figured it's might be worth more to save the $20 ffl fee on a $50 lower.
View Quote

Unsure of their MIL/LEO policy.
But no kidding about the gun purchase.
I went day before the ban after the rally. What a disaster.
Even debated with the guy about their one at a time only policy about getting auth. numbers.
Went to hoffman's instead and bought two threaded barrel .22 pistols in no time.
If I waited at Cabella's, I probably wouldn't have them now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you were told that they dont carry any instock. But insist on going there in person for the dissappointment.

NGX or JoJos will hook you up and get you better pricing.

Plus you dont have to pull a number like at the fucking deli.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buy from me or online, not suck ass Cabalas, or I have a nice Krink if you want the better rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top