Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2004 8:38:52 PM EDT
guys

I am trying to work a deal out on some consecutive numbered lowers. Is that legal in Md.

What if I get a collectors license.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:06:10 AM EDT
[#1]
You can either buy two at once, and have to wait 60 days for your next regulated purchase, or submit for the collector's license at which point the 30-day-wait doesnt apply anymore.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks Kharn
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Collectors license is easy, I'd recommend you get one just to avoid any future issues.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Collectors license is easy, I'd recommend you get one just to avoid any future issues.

Yup single piece of paper that gets faxed to the State Police and they just tell you that you're an approved collector.  No numbers, no cards, just knowing that you're approved and marking it down on the sheet when you go to buy stuff.  There is an extra form to fill out IIRC when you do buy 2 at a time but its not bad.  Good Luck!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I thought it was a good idea also. Then I thought damn, the MSP knows enough (too much) about my guns. The last thing I want is a form sent to them  that says "I collect guns" . Sorry but just my .02
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:03:30 AM EDT
[#6]
If they're coming for your guns, they're coming anyway.  They already have much more specific info than the collectors letter.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup single piece of paper that gets faxed to the State Police and they just tell you that you're an approved collector.  No numbers, no cards, just knowing that you're approved and marking it down on the sheet when you go to buy stuff.  There is an extra form to fill out IIRC when you do buy 2 at a time but its not bad.  Good Luck!

Right, but its just the form that goes to the FEDs, not the form that goes to the MSP.  Without collector status, you would need to send a form to them also for multiple purchases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top