Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2009 8:38:25 PM EST
I will be in the Denver area for 2 months later this summer for an internship. I am currently an Arizona resident but will be living in CO for that period. Is there any way I'd be able to make a firearm purchase if I happen to come across something at a LGS or gunshow without having it shipped to an FFL in AZ? I came across a link that mentioned that CO residents can purchase guns in adjacent states, but wasn't sure if it worked the other way. I know AZ and CO only touch at 4 corners so it may be a bit iffy. I have no definite plans to buy anything but will have extra money burning a hole in my pocket and may not want to have to wait till I get home (and my wife gets ahold of the money!)
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 1:38:46 AM EST
I'm pretty sure that states bordering Colorado are good to go, but hopefully some other guys will chime in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:23:21 AM EST
I think long guns you are good to go, not sure about handguns
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:47:49 AM EST
Long guns yes, handguns no. Handguns must be shipped to an FFL in your state of residence.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:13:53 PM EST
I bought a rifle here while I was still technically a resident of Nevada.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:10:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By TINCUP:
Long guns yes, handguns no. Handguns must be shipped to an FFL in your state of residence.

This is correct. The exception to buying a handgun would be if you could be defined as having dual residency. Read the fine print and examples on the 4473.
If you can be defined as having dual residency, then you need to convince the dealer that he can make the handgun transfer. It's a low probability play.
Top Top