Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2005 5:37:39 PM EDT
My purchase permit has just expired.  This is the first one I have had since I've only lived in the state for 1 year.  What do I have to do to renew it?  Do I have to fill out forms again or do they have this stuff on record?  Is there a fee to renew it?  I'm hoping that it is a simple process with no fee but am assuming I'll have to fill out paperwork, reapply, wait, and that it will cost something.  Can anyone let me know what to expect?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to reapply at your local PD and pay the fee again they use to be only 25 bucks or so
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Generally it is no fee from the local PD!  Mine did not charge anything...
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Just fill out the paperwork again and hand it over to your local PD or Sheriff if your in a rural area.  They shouldn't cost anything as I've done it two years in a row now and no one has charged me a dime.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#4]
or just get a carry permit. It does the same thing and is good for 4 years?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
carry permit will be done within 1-2 months but thank you to all that replied.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
or just get a carry permit. It does the same thing and is good for 4 years?

4 additional years!  Total of 5 years of course... It does cost more but enables you to carry all the guns you buy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top