Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2017 10:59:02 AM EDT
Howdy,

Wife just got word that her transfer went through to Spokane. So, we're gonna be moving. I want to rent a house for a year or so to get a feel for what the market is like to there. Plus, I want to be able to take our time and search for the right house to buy. Does anyone know of any property management companies is or how to go about that out there? I'd preferably NOT live in Spokane, but within a 45 minute drive of downtown Spokane. Much rather live out in the woods. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.....

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Kind of depends what side of town you want to be on. Valley vs, north vs South vs Airway heights. Each offerese their own pros and cons. I live south of Spokane but mostly because of family (parents, kids in school...), if we could it would be in CDA or up north.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Sry don't know any property managers..we went thru Fairchild AFB housing to find our place.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
A few friends of mine have rented through an outfit named Call Realty, they seemed decent. Also might be worth noting, the housing market here is stupid. Things are selling after being listed for days and sometimes for more than asking price, this has also been driving up rental costs. If it were me and I were willing to drive 45min. to town, I would skip Spokane and look at some of the outlying towns. Deer Park, Cheney, hell within 45min you could even go for Loon Lake, Clayton, Elk, Reardon, and if you would be willing to stretch it out for 60min. Davenport. But I will say those last two are farmland and not wooded areas.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:38:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, my apologies for not replying sooner. I've been busier than Charlie Sheen with an 8 ball in a whore house. My wife and I are actually looking at possibly just buying instead. After looking at what it is gonna cost for rent in a decent size house with our two dogs and not live in a shitty area, we're gonna be paying around $1150-$1300 a month anyways. Might as well not be paying someone else's mortgage. No, we don't mind being 45 minutes away from Spokane at all. I REALLY don't want to be around people. But, from the looks of what we can afford, we're not getting any property right away. But, hopefully the further we get from Spokane, the more bang for our buck we can get. If I had it my way, I'd be out in the sticks up on a mountain top somewhere. Sometimes neighbors can be great, but I'm at a point in my life that I'm about to change my name to Walt Kowalski and would yell at people for walking on my lawn.......
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:05:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me know when youre serious about buying, a friend of mine is a realtor and shes a bad ass, goes the extra mile and really knows her stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top