Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/23/2005 4:38:23 PM EDT
All BS aside and considering what ACman has had happen with Taurus pistols, a friend told me what can be done. I've never done it but it sounds feasible.
If you have a problem with a firearm that doesn't work properly, you can contact the Federal Trade Commission and file a omplaint against the manufacturer. Particularly if the product is dangerous to the consumer. You'll have to document the problem - pictures are a big plus as well as affadavits from one or more experts. It may take a few months, but he tells me that most manufacturers will jump through hoops to make the consumer happy to prevent the FTC going after them. He is an FFL holder and has dealt with many different manufacturers over the years. He once asked a Colt representative why the SAA Colts from the custom shop were so expensive. The Colt rep said that over half the expense from Colt was due to insurance costs!!!!!
If a lawsuit is filed by the FTC against a manufacturer, the bad publicity as well as the legal costs can damn near ruin even a large company.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:45:23 PM EDT
you know I'm not a big go after gun company kinda guy............even though I feel they deserve it in
this case.......

But i tell you what t.o.s should be banned from civilian use............only would be gun grabbers should be allowed to have them

I tell you what I don't know what to do with it.........I'm not going to sell it to someone without warning them...... and I hate to take a loss on a new gun........even though i deserve it since i knew better........which is what I guess I'm going to do......

since it's never been transfered to anyone I just test fired it............. I can sell it at a loss with full disclosure I guess and the warranty would be in full effect.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:14:56 PM EDT
give the gun manufacturers a chance to make it right first. then look into possible actions. Although I most often lump things and then wont let it happen to me again.

Hey aceman, if you get the all mighty tauras repaired by the factory I might be interested in it
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:46:14 PM EDT
Yeah, give them a chance to fix it, stuff like this can happen to any brand, I've had a couple of S&W revolvers that weren't right when I got them. The best example is a model 66, 4" in stainless in 357, when I got it...it would lock up! The timing was off, I sent it to the S&W repair in Tulsa, they were absolutely worthless, sent it back to S&W, they fixed it right, and I carried that as a duty sidearm for years, and I still have it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:19:22 PM EDT
I work with a guy thats got a S&W 686 thats got a bent barrel, it was installed crooked from the factory, we were at the range and he was bitching that it was shooting 4 feet to the left even with the sights adjusted all the was over, he ask me to shoot it and see if I could tell what he problem was, one look down the barrel and I could see that it was crooked at the frame, the barrel canted to the left making it shoot over 5 foot left with the sights centered, told him to trade it off or send it back and see if S&W would fix it or replace it, he still carring it and putting up with it shooting 4 foot left at 25 yards.

all factories send out a lemon once in a while, just seems acman is a magnet for shitty tarus's.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:22:48 PM EDT
I guess I have been fortunate, I have nver had to send a firearm back to have it worked on.

BTW, 2 of the best shooting pistols I have ever had were Smiths, mod 13 and a 66, I wish I still had the 13.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:25:51 PM EDT
I got a 13, it need to be refinninshed, figure I'll blast it then put something on it.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:05:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ndenway:
I work with a guy thats got a S&W 686 thats got a bent barrel, it was installed crooked from the factory, we were at the range and he was bitching that it was shooting 4 feet to the left even with the sights adjusted all the was over, he ask me to shoot it and see if I could tell what he problem was, one look down the barrel and I could see that it was crooked at the frame, the barrel canted to the left making it shoot over 5 foot left with the sights centered, told him to trade it off or send it back and see if S&W would fix it or replace it, he still carring it and putting up with it shooting 4 foot left at 25 yards.

all factories send out a lemon once in a while, just seems acman is a magnet for shitty tarus's.

MLW>"<

friging colapsing star that created a black hole that's sucking all the shitty taurus handguns into my reality is closer to what it feels like.......

I've had damn near every automatic malfunction on me in some way or another with the exception of glock's but revolvers I mean damn how long have they been around looks like the kinks would have been worked out by now

Wingman
Were your S&W revolvers new or used...........
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:12:23 PM EDT
<-----------------------------------------

I also renewed my membership just so I could have the sig line
l
l
l
\/
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 3:28:11 PM EDT by danc46]

Originally Posted By acman145acp:

I've had damn near every automatic malfunction on me in some way or another

Loose nut behind the grips????
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:53:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By danc46:

Originally Posted By acman145acp:

I've had damn near every automatic malfunction on me in some way or another

Loose nut behind the grips????

no mainly type of ammo or mag related with everything from jennings/raven to colts..........had a llama with a warped slide or frame.......amt 22 mag autos i've owned 4 none of them would run /but i've never had a problem with any other amt pistol.......the only bad revolvers I've ever owned came from taurus ...with the exception of a ruger blackhawk that would shoot something /9mm cant remember it's been 16 yrs ago but it wouldn't always reliably set off 9mm.......after i sold it I found out that it was probably ammo related a friend of mines smith 39 wouldn't always
set it off either

man I wish I had back all the shit I've bought sold and traded ......I could retire
Top Top