Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2004 1:27:55 PM EDT
Let's start a thread about people we should elect to replace Patty in the Senate.  Here's a response I got  from Reed Davis:

I don't support the assault weapons ban and won't.  I believe strongly in your right to bear arms and view with the utmost suspicion attempts to regulate firearms.  If you've never read anything by John Lott, I would recommend him enthusiastically.  He has had a profound influence on my thinking.

Thanks for the question.

Sincerely,
Reed Davis

Sounds like one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, I was hoping someone would start a topic like this
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I like this Reed Davis guy.  I asked him if he'd help us with the 1986 MG ban...

You have the NRA to thank for the passage of the 1986 FOPA.  They are the ones, however, who gave away the farm on machine guns in order to get the bill through.  Trying to restore your rights to machine guns will be extremely difficult.  I wouldn't lead the charge, but yes, I would be there in the pack somewhere.

I haven't even gotten elected yet and you're already getting me in trouble with the heavyweights in the gun community.... :)

He seems to know his shiz about guns.  Right now, he's my front runner.  Anybody else?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, not a senator canidate, but I wrote to the governor canidate Rossi and got this reply:

To give you an idea where he stands on the issue, Dino has a lifetime "A" rating from the National Rifle Association for his seven years in the State Senate.

I just asked a general stance question...so that's good news, no reply yet from Alken, but I only sent the email a little bit ago.

William Chovil also sounds promising for Senate. He doesn't have a web site, or email listed though. In the voter's pamphlet he says "With your help I expect to win both of the Primary and General election this year because you are a: Gun owner, Property owner, Business owner, Home Schooler, Parent who wants a Pro-America."

So he lists gun owner first...very promising indeed. Sounds like we have two good canidates for Senate so far.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What's Nethercutt's stance?  From a "recognizable face" stand point, he's got everyone else beat.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, not a senator canidate, but I wrote to the governor canidate Rossi and got this reply:

To give you an idea where he stands on the issue, Dino has a lifetime "A" rating from the National Rifle Association for his seven years in the State Senate.

Where can you find this information on NRA's webstite?  I've looked and looked, and can't find shit about any of the candidates.  I'm working on my ballot right now, and I want to see how some of these guys compare.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 8:58:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I found NRA's rating of Nethercutt, but not on the NRA site.  I found it here:  www.vote-smart.org/issue_rating_detail.php?sig_id=002363M&PHPSESSID=736baa357569dab24c8dc78328e27017

This shows that he has received an A+ from the NRA.  From a previous page on the same website, I saw that he has received in A- from the GOA.  Here is the link with the GOA ratings: www.vote-smart.org/issue_rating_detail.php?sig_id=002660M&PHPSESSID=736baa357569dab24c8dc78328e27017

So it seems that Nethercutt is a good choice, as well as "known."  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I asked Joe Waldron a couple questions about the state races.

These are his choices.

We're supporting Brad Owens (D) for LtGov.  He's pro-gun (and he's going to win).

For State Supreme Court:
Jim Johnson
Barbara Madsen
Richard Sanders

They are all republicans btw.

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I asked Joe Waldron a couple questions about the state races.

These are his choices.

We're supporting Brad Owens (D) for LtGov.  He's pro-gun (and he's going to win).

For State Supreme Court:
Jim Johnson
Barbara Madsen
Richard Sanders

They are all republicans btw.

Cool.  That knocked down some votes.  Can't vote for Owens, since he is on the Democrat side of the primary ballot.  But I'll have to remember him when it comes time to vote in Nov.

Any thoughts on the candidates running for Court of Appeals and Superior Court?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, got a response from the other contactable governor, John W. Aiken Jr. Sounds pretty good to me:

"I am a long time member of the National Rifle Association and was awarded the Defender of the Constitution last year by Wayne LaPierre.  During the LA riots, do you remember how people defended their lives and property?  Where were the police and National Guard do protect these citizens?  Now imagine a well armed terrorist militia, rogue gang, or drug cartel thugs attacking your freedom.  Would you want to defend yourself and your loves ones with a 22 rifle or have equitable firepower?  Many do not realize that the Second Amendment is not a firearm amendment.  It is an arms amendment in which firearms are included within its definition.  The Second Amendment is clear on the intent of our original founders and I stand by this.  I am not in favor of any form of armanent control.  The NRA will have a survey out in the October Issue on their rating of candidates running for office."

Decisions decisions...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#10]
What about for 8th district rep?

I like Diane Tebelius.  She's pro-gun and I think that with Dunn stepping down, another woman has a good chance.

BoB
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:18:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What about for 8th district rep?

I like Diane Tebelius.  She's pro-gun and I think that with Dunn stepping down, another woman has a good chance.

BoB

She's a good choice, as is Luke Esser.  I chose Luke because he's been in a legislative position already, so he knows the process a little better.  I also received a brochure in the mail from Luke and he clearly listed "gun rights" as an issue for support.  

What sucks is having two good candidates with a few not so good ones.  If we split our support between Esser and Tebelius, it is possible we won't get either!  Reichert has the name recognition, but I'm not sure I completely believe him on the RKBA issue......
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Diane T was at the Puyallup WAC show and claimed to have the endorsement of the WAC if that means anything.  She was nice and said she would stand for the rights of gun owners, but she never heard of my town which is in the 8th.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#13]
WAC  did a dual recommendationbetween MS Tebelius and Mr. Esser. I have a long personal freindship with Luke (to get my bias out up front) and know him to have always been pro gun. Another poster here has pointed out he is also the only candidate of 4 who has done this job, and done it in a way to help us. If you ask Joe Waldron about the the reciprocity battle he'll tell you it was nice to have a Senate Majority Leader (Luke Esser) who worked for us when the anti's started to roll. A couple of the folks running have touted their experience in their campaign advertising, Luke is the only candidate who has legislated. Let's send him to DC.
All of this is my personal opinion alone. Boyd Kneeland (WAC dir.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top