Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2015 12:53:14 PM EDT
Could not get the Search function to work so SIAP.  Anyone have experience or guidance on private sales in Arkansas ? Need to sell a handgun but don't want to leave myself open for future problems and also make sure I have a responsible buyer. Thinking some ID and a Bill of Sale, but should that be sufficient ?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
There are no rules in AR that I am aware of.  I think you are supposed to try and ensure the buyer can legally make the purchase however.   My advice is get paperwork.  However some buyers do not like a paper trail.   The general rule is if the purchase can be traced to you, original buyer, etc, then it might be good to get a bill of sale.   If there is no paper trail to you then who cares.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I know a lot of guys that won't sell to anyone that can't produce a CCL. My rule is to never sell a gun, so I don't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
All I usually do is have a piece of paper that says the date, person selling, the name of the gun, caliber, and serial number on it stating that it was sold to the buyer listing his name, state and city. We then both sign two copies and get a copy each, just enough info to make me feel better and not enough to make them freak out if they worry about such things.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#4]
On the rare and unholy occasion I've parted with a gun I've used the arguntrader bill of sale (they might have gotten it elsewhere, I just found it there): http://www.arguntrader.com/firearmbillofsale.pdf or exchanged copies of CCLs. Not so much for legal reasons as Arkansas is pretty safe for private gun sales but I figure if someone isn't willing to do one of the two I'm not willing to risk giving them a gun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Y'all are all lazy. I make them do a 4473 and a background check!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top