Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/4/2006 5:00:47 AM EDT
I was looking at a CZ-75 that someone was selling and I wondered if there is any sort of paperwork or age requirements needed if I wanted to buy it from him.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:07:44 AM EDT
Face to face sales only require what the buyer and seller wish to require. Some will say seller needs to get address and such. Oh, no pistols to minors. Not sure of age requirement for rifles. Someone will post it, prolly.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:15:12 AM EDT
18 for Long Guns, 21 for Pistols. Seller could probably get in alot of trouble if he sold a pistol to someone under 21.

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:08:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 7:12:06 AM EDT by five2one]

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:
Face to face sales only require what the buyer and seller wish to require. Some will say seller needs to get address and such. Oh, no pistols to minors. Not sure of age requirement for rifles. Someone will post it, prolly.

ByteTheBullet (-:

I can't quote law but when I was selling FTF I looked it up and the rules were that I had to HAVE knowledge that the buyer was a resident of GA and NOT HAVE knowledge that the buyer is a felon.

I also do a bill of sale when I don't know the person I'm selling to. Here are the rudiments of the one I use.

Bill of Sale
For the consideration of $___________ the seller does hereby sell, assign, and transfer to the buyer a __________________ with serial number _____________________ in “as is” condition on the _____ day of ________ in the year _____. By signing this bill of sale, the buyer confirms that he or she is a resident of the State of Georgia and not prohibited from owning firearms.

Buyer Signature: _______________________
Buyer Name Printed: _______________________
Buyer Address: _______________________

Seller Signature: _______________________
Seller Name Printed: _______________________
Seller Address: _______________________

As a buyer there is nothing you need to do except be a legal to own it and have the money to buy it, outside of any other demands from the seller.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:10:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By five2one:

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:

ByteTheBullet (-:

I can't quote law but when I was selling FTF I looked it up and the rules were that I had to HAVE knowledge that the buyer was a resident of GA and NOT HAVE knowledge that the buyer is a felon.

I also do a bill of sale when I don't know the person I'm selling to. Here are the rudiments of the one I use.

Bill of Sale
For the consideration of $___________ the seller does hereby sell, assign, and transfer to the buyer a __________________ with serial number _____________________ in “as is” condition on the _____ day of ________ in the year _____. By signing this bill of sale, the buyer confirms that he or she is a resident of the State of Georgia and not prohibited from owning firearms.

Buyer Signature: _______________________
Buyer Name Printed: _______________________

Seller Signature: _______________________
Seller Name Printed: _______________________

As a buyer there is nothing you need to do except be a legal to own it and have the money to buy it, outside of any other demands from the seller.

Well, if you want to get technical. I supposed he knew the GA resident thingy.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:15:20 AM EDT
it is totally legal for an 18 year old to purchase a handgun from a private seller with residency in the same state - you just can't buy a handgun from a FFL until you're 21. As long as you're 18, you can buy both handguns and long guns from private sellers in Georgia
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:22:07 AM EDT
People, thanks for all the info. I happen to be 20 and was in the mood for my first 'wonder-nine'. My father already owns a Springfield 1911, the positive feedback about the CZ-75 interested me. Besides, right now the buyer is offering a deal I can't find a year later XD
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:45:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jay49:
it is totally legal for an 18 year old to purchase a handgun from a private seller with residency in the same state - you just can't buy a handgun from a FFL until you're 21. As long as you're 18, you can buy both handguns and long guns from private sellers in Georgia

+1
Top Top