Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2010 1:20:56 PM EDT
Anyone deal with this yet? Any idea's or things to watch for? I figure if I uses a sales document that has mine and the other parties FOID, Name Address etc..we should be good correct? Just a little paranoid with the Chicago rules now.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone deal with this yet? Any idea's or things to watch for? I figure if I uses a sales document that has mine and the other parties FOID, Name Address etc..we should be good correct? Just a little paranoid with the Chicago rules now.

Thanks

Have them come to you rather than you come to them to conduct the deal. They have to worry about registering it before they bring it in to the city.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Have them come to you rather than you come to them to conduct the deal. They have to worry about registering it before they bring it in to the city.

Good point..
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Still would avoid selling a "assault rifle" inside the city though. I would follow the rules aimsurplus follows- if they won't ship to Chicago, I wouldn't sell to Chicago either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I sold to a Chicago cop.  He came out to me and I had him sign a sales receipt that stated he understood his local laws, etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#5]
They can own whatever they want.

The only time its illegal is if THEY bring it to Chicago.  Don't sell it to them while you're both in Chicago and you're good to go.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I sold to a Chicago cop.  He came out to me and I had him sign a sales receipt that stated he understood his local laws, etc.

He just has to register the weapon with the city of Moscow, I mean Chicago. If you gets caught with it, him being law enforcment he is exempt from  state charges. the most he would face is a class C (local) Misdemeanor and have to go to court and try and get the gun back from the city. Thats it.

You as a seller, as long as your sale was in complete compliance with the laws you're good to go.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

They can own whatever they want.

The only time its illegal is if THEY bring it to Chicago.  Don't sell it to them while you're both in Chicago and you're good to go.

So long as the firearm is legal in the state of Illinois, and so long as all applicable waiting period and FOID checking is done, it is legal for a Chicago resident to purchase.  If the firearm cannot be legally possessed in the city of Chicago, the transfer of the firearm must take place in a location where it is legal.  It is up to the buyer to ensure that he is following all the applicable laws after the transaction is completed.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget the call to the state police for the background check.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:14:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't forget the call to the state police for the background check.

I have sold a few over the years FTF and never heard of that
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 4:59:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Non-FFL holders cannot enroll in FTIPs to perform background checks.  All he needs is a copy of the guys FOID card and to conduct the transfer at a location where it is legal.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Non-FFL holders cannot enroll in FTIPs to perform background checks.  All he needs is a copy of the guys FOID card and to conduct the transfer at a location where it is legal.

How do you do the 72hr wait for a hand gun on a FTF?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How do you do the 72hr wait for a hand gun on a FTF?

Agree to a price. Wait 72 hrs. Exchange. Make note of date of agreement on documentation exchanged as required.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#13]
The clock starts ticking from the time the transaction is "initiated".  That means a) it can all be done in one trip and b) the second you guys agree on a price the clock is already ticking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top