Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 2:59:03 PM EDT
My uncle wants to buy a rifle from me, can I just sell it to him or does anything have to be done to legally transfer ownership?  Thanks.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Private sale perfectly legal.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
So he just gives me the money and it's done with?  Cool,  Thanks.

Digital
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So he just gives me the money and it's done with?  Cool,  Thanks.

Digital

Unless you have reason to believe he is prohibited from firearms ownership. Go for it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Lives within WA, over 18, not known by you to be a felon/convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence/have a restraining order against him/not known by you to be a drunk or drug addict. If he meets all the standard 4473(yellow form) criteria then he's good to go. If he isn't and and you knowningly sell him a weapon, you'd be criminally as well as civily liable for it.  If yer feeling the need for docmentation, write out a bill of sale, or use the state dept. of licensing transfer of ownership form. It's stupid, but some people are hung up on having registered guns in their name. HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top