Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 7:32:25 PM EST
Is this Comp. legal for us New Yorkers? I would like to have one perm. installed on a build, but I've got to be 100% certain that I can have one in this wacky state. I e-mailed Dave at Adco, and they weren't sure. Sorry if this has been covered by a previous thread, but I wasn't able to find any info. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:47:47 PM EST
Yes, if you go to PWS website you can see that BATFE classified it as a "muzzle brake". So long as it is permanently attached to the barrel, you are good to go.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:03:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By Adirondack47:
Yes, if you go to PWS website you can see that BATFE classified it as a "muzzle brake". So long as it is permanently attached to the barrel, you are good to go.

Fantastic Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:38:57 AM EST
Legal? At $100 it's more like highway robbery.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:42:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By cas:
Legal? At $100 it's more like highway robbery.

+1

LINK for BATFE Ruling
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:53:49 PM EST
Well, I sent my upper off to Adco today for the work.....it should be back in a week or so. As far as the price is concerned, I think it's worth it in the long run. I like the looks of it much more than the other comps/brakes out there. It's a quality piece that I can own in NY, and it's not super loud or flashy......'nuff said
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:01:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Petey1:
As far as the price is concerned, I think it's worth it in the long run. I like the looks of it much more than the other comps/brakes out there. It's a quality piece that I can own in NY, and it's not super loud or flashy......'nuff said

+1, same for NJ. It's by no means cheap or a 'deal' but i'm planning on putting one on my rifle in the near future simply for the aforementioned reasons.
Top Top