Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2013 7:15:27 AM EDT
I know since the USA is not a communist country [yet] and the economy is based on free market principals, should a local gun / reloading supply store be forgiven for doubling their prices on certain items that were in short supply when supplies return to normal, if ever, or avoided them like the plague. I try to support local shops but, this one is all ways high on their prices and a month ago was trying to sell some reloading supplies at double the cost. I have never bought anything from them due to their prices but, at least I would look but, now I think I am going to skip them and tell everybody else not to waist there time. I waited to now to say anything because when I first saw their prices, it made me made as hell and I figured I'd better cool off for a while. Just venting and was curious what other people thought?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, the local gun shops didn't need to jack prices, they were already before anything happened.  I swear this is one state for the good gun laws we have the gun shops have to be about the shittiest around.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Mostly your right. I can only think of one good shop close by and he doesn't sell much reloading. He does have decent prices on guns.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I do not get upset about prices any store wants to charge. If its something I want for a price I am willing to pay I will buy. If I go in 3 days after a bunch of commies get elected or a mass shooting and prices are jacked up 200%, I will come back and buy when prices and less crazy.

And if you have noticed the only places with ammo in stock are the places with high prices, walmart is always out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Never noticed prices go up, just stock running out and not resupplied. But hey I eyeballed that last pound of unique covered in dust and got it at the same price that was put on it a year ago, and have notification when bullets are in stock.

If it was some of the not so LGS that are around though I would just stop going there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree. I noticed these small shops in WV still having low stocks and high prices, but I cross into VA and hit Purcelville or leesburg and they got tons and the prices dropped alot.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree. I noticed these small shops in WV still having low stocks and high prices, but I cross into VA and hit Purcelville or leesburg and they got tons and the prices dropped alot.
View Quote

There's a reason when i want a transfer, on a rifle, or need something hard to find i drive 3hrs to VA to have it done.  There happens to be a certain shop in Hburg, and a member on here that runs it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top