Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2005 3:37:06 PM EDT
I'm in the process of trading for a 9mm AR, except I don;t know much about them (and even less about what they are worth).  Here is the package, so someone smarter than me please guestimate a value.  Thanks!

-Rock River postban 16" flat top upper w/ standard front sight tower
-generic carry handle rear sight
-9mm buffer, hammer, bolt, spring
-RR magwell block
-8 converted UZI mags (5 25rd mags & 3 30rd mags, all IMI and converted by M60 Joe)

Basically, the package is everything needed to convert a standard lower to a 9mm gun.  I'm providing the lower, and the individual I am trading with is providing all other necessary parts.  Any ideas on a value?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 3:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
-Rock River postban 16" flat top upper w/ standard front sight tower

$378 new from ADCO

-generic carry handlerear sight

Guessing around $50?

-9mm buffer, hammer, bolt, spring

The bolt comes with the upper new. The buffer is $24 and the hammer is $24 new from ADCO.

-RR magwell block
$150 new from ADCO

-8 converted UZI mags (5 25rd mags & 3 30rd mags, all IMI and converted by M60 Joe)

Unmodified IMI Uzi mags are $15-$20 each (average that to $17.50 each) . M60 Joe notches them for $8 each. I'm assuming these mags don't have the spring steel piece welded to the followers for the BHO feature? Let me know otherwise.

If you bought all this stuff new, you'd be looking at $830 by my calculations. Now, how much all this stuff is worth used is hard to determine without knowing how many rnds went down the pipe and the overall physical condition. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks much for the info.  Have you had any problems with your 9mm AR?

Who me? I don't have one...yet Sorry if my post led you to believe otherwise.

However, I have been doing extensive research on them. I had to wait until I sold my HK-94 before I took the jump. Once the HK deal goes down, I will be placing an order through ADCO for almost all the parts then I'll be sending said parts off to M60 Joe for assembly and testing.

It took me a year or so to decide to ditch the HK-94 for a 9mm AR and I would not have done so if I didn't feel confident that a 9mm AR would be as reliable the HK. I feel I've chosen the right parts and I'll have the best 9mm AR around putting it together for me. It will probably take a few months to get everything in (darn backorders) so once I get it, I'm sure I'll post a range report with pictures like every proud "father" does.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're interested, I started what turned out to be an informative thread.

9mm AR or HK-94 (16" bbl MP-5)?

Some folks contributed some great stuff to that thread. I only wish more "this or that" threads were like that one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#7]
The upper used and in good condition is probably worth about $350 with bolt and carrier though some might pay less because of the post ban features

The carry handle rear sight, no-name is about $50

The buffer, spring and hammer...maybe another $25

8 converted Uzi mags, depending on conditon probably about $120-$140

The magwell adapter is worth about $140-$150

All in all, the RRA 9mm stuff is good and if you're only going to run it in semi-auto this setup should work fine.  

FYI, the standard Uzi mags converted will not hold the bolt open after the last shot, though I hear somebody has a mod now that will make them work the hold open.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I would love one. So I guess it will go on my list of stuff to complete in the next 5 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top