Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 3:33:53 PM EDT
It is time for a new pair.
I'll be using them for work and the range.

(I'm getting tired of death451 teasing me about looking like a 1973 Soldier of Fortune cover in my yellow avaitor's)

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Does your work cover them? The pair I wore out to handgun 1 this last Sunday are my safety glasses from work.  They paid for them and I use them for shooting and little else. Cannot remember  the company offhand. I can try to look it up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget the AARP discount
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a pair of the ESS ICE glasses with the RX insert.  Been to the range once, but I like them a lot.  Got the kit from Gunners Alley, and had my optho get lenses for them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Oakley makes prescription glasses.

I've got a pair of non-prescription Half Jacket XLJ polarized.  They were in great shape until they met the rear sight of my rifle while in one of Sully's convoluted shooting positions.    But they did do their job of protecting my eyes.

Here's a link to the prescription eyewear on their website.

Oakley Prescription Glasses
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#6]
This is good information, thank you all.

The LF crowd is all hot to trot over the Sawfly Revision, but the ESS system is about half the price, so it looks like I will be going with the ESS.  I like the cheap replacement lens cost.  I just wish they were polarized.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the same boat myself.  I need some prescription shooting glasses plus I just broke my safety glasses at work.  Since my work will pay up to $75 for prescription safety glasses I want to see if I can come up with something that will work for both.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]

I bought a pair of prescription Oakley M frames last January.  By August they were so scratched up they were useless.  $400.00 down the drain.  Oakley lenses are very soft and scratch easily.  I need to replace them, so I'm looking for alternatives.

I'm heading down to Sunray Optical in St. Paul sometime within the next couple of days.  As you can see from their website, they have a large selection of safety type glasses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top