Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 4:32:03 PM EDT
Ok ARFCOM'ers, what is going on up in the Prescott area? Ranges to shoot up there? Anyone on this board live up that way?

Here's the deal; Boss calls up and wants a show of interest if I would be interested in a company PAID move from Phoenix to Prescott? I said "HELL YES".. I guess Qwest has lots of guys retireing up there & have to back fill in my job function (CDT, customer data tech). Pays the same as Phoenix and I know that car insurance is like half of what the valley is.

So, I just want to know if there is a bunch of friendly AR shooters up there.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunsite?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Careful, people in Prescott seem friendly, but that's only 'cause they're gay and hitting on you.  If you meet any girls check close for adam's apples.  Prescott Valley is worse, and the shit that happens in Chino Valley can't be posted on a family board.

One other thing, Remember: Prescott as in biscuit.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a nice range at Granite Dells that had monthly IDPA matches. The Granite Dells area has high concentrations of uranium ore and I doubt they will ever build in the area for fear of radon gas.

I also hear there is a new range south of town that has monthly three gun matches.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, there is a good place to go shoot... it's the Yavapai Recreation League. YRL hosts all sorts of matches (SASS, IDPA, steel challenge, USPSA), and the third Sunday of each most is a 3-gun match. This month they say the pistol portion will have a 200-round minimum.

But you don't have to shoot all 3 guns. You can compete with any combo of rifle, shotgun, or pistol, or any 1 or 2 of those.

The range is a little north of Wilhoit on Rt 89 on FS 71. GPS coordinates are N3424.977, W11233.062

For more details email [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top