Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 3:13:54 PM EDT
THose of you that are on the mailing list should have just recieved 2 rather interesting emails. One from George Pitts and a reply from Randy.

I wont post the content here as its not my place. I will say this though, DAYUM.
I understand Randy was a bit upset after learning he had just had the rug pulled from under if his feet. I cant say that I blame him. I will also say that he seemed in good spirits sat morning and happy with the way it was going. But this cant be good for the future of PR at Tricounty, no matter how you look at it. Sure we had a good shoot in the pistol pits but stepped back a few paces in the public relations department. No a knock at Randy at any level!

So I ask, if Tricounty gave us the boot, where would we go and what would are options be?
Another range?
Public land?
Private land?

What do you think(as CH looks at the land section of the paper)?
CH
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:59:54 PM EDT
Your house...................

I don't think it will get shut down.........yet............but what happened seemed on the uncool side. I have absolutly no knowledge of how/where/what transpired before we arrived Saturday morning, but the impression I got is that Randy didn't get any advanced warning at all. You would think that after 6 years, he would at least deserve that. I understand that the rock guys take presidence over us, but finding out the morning of the match kinda sucks. Kudos to Ron for finding us a place on such short notice, he should be thanked by all of us who attended.

But that is a very good question, worst-case scenario, where would we go?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:32:32 PM EDT
I know no-one involved. However, it may be the case of someone just not paying attention to what was going on and completely forgot about the match. Chronic head-in-butt syndrome.

It's a drive, but I'd be willing to be that Albany (where the FA shoots are) would host. Kind of a far drive.

Otherwise, I can't think of anyplace local that would be able to accomodate. It would have to be private land. At that, you wouldn't be able to charge anything, or it would be a "business" and subject to "the man"/regs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:44:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 4:47:59 PM EDT by Cape_hunter]
Agreed Boo and IIRC he was thanked during the awards, after some ass chewing. I also dont think this is the end but I will say this, it always seems taht we are treding on thin ice while there. Having to suck up to the shotgun snobs and such. I dont think that is anyway to run things. I am not slamming Randy or anyone, just stating what i think is obvious. EVERY match there is referance made by sombody that we "have ot be extra careful" or "we dont want to upset the rest of hte club" I am pretty sure they dont give a rats ass about the well being of the PR matches.

Soooo
Would Douglas Ridge welcome us(never been there so I am guessing)?
What about Canby or Estacada Gun clubs? Anyone members?
Anyone have 10 acres we can turn into a dedicated PR range?
Does camp Withycombe(sp?) still have ranges?

ANybody want to go in on 15 acres out in the sticks?
CH

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:49:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2005 4:51:25 PM EDT by Unka-Boo]
We don't need 10 acres............we'll just get some Air-soft and have it at my house.....we can shoot at the neighbor's cow!

<­BR>

damnit.............I said air-soft.............

ETA........it's the fumes from the bathroom cleaner...I swear!!!!!....gotta go back to work.....before the wife finds out......
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:44:02 PM EDT

The pit is on club property. It does not belong to the gravel company.

When someone sticks up for an outside company rather than the members I have to wonder where their real loyalties are.

Does anybody know how much the club is making on the gravel? Did the club get a bonus for allowing the Saturday rock crushing?

Rather than take the defensive on this issue we need to start asking financial questions and see where the trail leads. The whole thing stinks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:57:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TangoFoxtrot:
The pit is on club property. It does not belong to the gravel company.

When someone sticks up for an outside company rather than the members I have to wonder where their real loyalties are.

Does anybody know how much the club is making on the gravel? Did the club get a bonus for allowing the Saturday rock crushing?

Rather than take the defensive on this issue we need to start asking financial questions and see where the trail leads. The whole thing stinks.

I dont know that exact details of the contract between the rock crusher and TCGC. Most likely as with most portable rock crushing outfits, they have a lease on the land and could just make it no access at all. I know a bit about crushing rock as a friend owns a rock crushing outfit and can tell you, they are making FAR more money off that crusher then us. Bringing finacial questions into this would not be a good idea IMHO. They might see just how little we can bring to that table!

It really is a win win for TCGC as they are getting paid to remove material from an area that needs it removed to make more range space. Its really now different then say farming. The land has a product and the gun club is selling it.

CH

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:10:35 PM EDT

Maybe I don't have any good ideas today, but I do have a picture from Google Earth. Does this look familiar?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:17:49 PM EDT

Well, now I have another idea.

They kicked us out of our own range to crush rock there, yet they have another huge gravel pit to the East. Why not let us use that if they need to use ours so badly? Even trade for a Saturday?

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:40:17 PM EDT
We need to get more representation on the TCGC Board of Directors. I know Randy is active, but honestly - how many of us are attending the monthly meetings.

I begs to ask - would the attitude of our club change if we were more active?

Not casting stones - I'm guilty of skipping the meetings myself, but it may be time to get political in an effort to change the complexion of TCGC.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:47:15 PM EDT
After shooting at TCGC for about 5 years, this situation does not surprise me
one bit. All of the TCGC officers *should* know that PR is held in gravel pit the second
Saturday of every month. This has been the case for at least 5 years!

Since TCGC owns the gravel pit, at least one of the TCGC officers/President/Vice President/Treasurer/Range Officer/Lawn Moving Butt Boy KNEW that there would be conflict.

Just like old Shultzie on Hogan's Heros, "I KNOW NOTHING!". All of the people that
organize the different shooting diciplines do it for no $$ gain and spend alot of time
doing so. It's BULLSH*T, plain and simple.

When the 100 yard range was shutdown for repairs, the *rules* for the 200 yard
range changed several times. At first 100 Yard shooting was okay, then it wasn't,
then 100 Yard Shooting was allowed. Just like the recent SNAFU, neither the
Range Masters or the members were notified of all the changes. Sometimes we were
and sometime we were not.

As to moving PR, I really don't know if that would be possible. I suspect something could
be worked out. I have talked to George Pitts on a couple of occasions and have found him
to be good guy. What the hell did he think Randy was going to do when he shows up to
set up targets and the Gravel Pit workers, say no you can't use it this Saturday. BullSh*t!

Also, keep in mind, Randy has had several battles with Ron Fillenger in the past. We all know
he doesn't mince words. Randy was really pissed.

Hopefully we can get this staightened out.

My $0.02 worth.

Spambo
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:06:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By spambo:
My $0.02 worth.

Spambo

I wonder though just what it would take for them to actually shut it down. I mean it is clear there are already people that are not friendly to us as pointed out above. Lots of tip toeing around. DO you think the Cowboy action guys have ot preform suc ha dance? Why are we so on the edge all the time?

I agree that a larger turnout for meetings from the PR guys would be a good start, but what else can we do? Its my understanding that this has been going on for 6 years. 6 FUCKING YEARS and Randys PR shoot still has to walk as if on rice paper? WTF? I just dont get it. I think its about time that TCGC accept the fact PR is a valued asset, and treat it as such.

As far as the pit, well if its under lease, then there really isnt anything we can do when they say "no go". I would hope that communication would be that so we dont find out the night before a match so this doesnt happen again.

I have a question for some of you, maybe Jay M if your reading this, how is the tactical match treated in comparision to the PR?

CH

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:18:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 9:47:05 AM EDT by GackMan]
I'm curious to see what fall out there will be from the PR match taking place in the not yet finished pistol pits.

Originally Posted By Cape_hunter:
I have a question for some of you, maybe Jay M if your reading this, how is the tactical match treated in comparision to the PR?

CH

it all comes down to venue.

center fire rifle doesn't have a tactical rage at TCGC.

the tactical matches use the pistol pits and only fire pistol caliber carbine.

the tactical goal is to keep PR happening, successful, and noticed in a positive way at the club.

the strategic goal is to get the club to allow/accept the idea of center fire rifle fire in at least some of the new pistol pits.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:44:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoAim:
It's a drive, but I'd be willing to be that Albany (where the FA shoots are) would host. Kind of a far drive.

Hate to say it, but I wouldn’t hold you breath for that.

The ARPC is a great club and I really like it there, but we have all our own problems and there’s a stack of them right at the moment. Development problems, disciplines not getting along with each other (why just this month Jethro and all the other cowboys are having their annual roundup all weekend long taking the entire North Range and east meadow; my beloved Speed Steel is off till September). Really though I think IPSC and Jethros crew pretty much rule the disciplines there.

Then there’s the issues with Linn county and our use permits. If’n ya’ll want to get 9mm arfs and have the Practical Rifle match with those, it could probably be done. Which, by the way, I think everybody should have a 9mm arf, or at least some kind of pistol caliber carbine, that’s just me though.

Boy I hope the TCGC PR shoot continues on; I really want to come try this out with you guys.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:17:22 AM EDT
Dont read this the wrong way, I dont think PR is going anywhere, anytime soon. I ask these questions in the event it does happen as I know there are enough people shooting in the match to try and conitue it somwhere else. Trying to be proactive thats all.

CH
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:56:43 PM EDT
The next Board Meeting is Wednesday, August 31st from 7:30 - 9:30.

How about if we meet at Outback in Tualatin for a bite to eat around 6:30PM.

TCGC Calendar

If we're going to change the perception of PR events - we should be electing PR freindly board members.

Just my $.02

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:57:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By double_trouble_2003:

TCGC Calendar

If we're going to change the perception of PR events - we should be electing PR freindly board members.

Just my $.02

We need "Cape / Boo '05" bumper stickers!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:32:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoAim:

Originally Posted By double_trouble_2003:

TCGC Calendar

Just my $.02

We need "Cape / Boo '05" bumper stickers!!

What we would look like....

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:34:07 PM EDT
I wouldn't have anything nice to say................give those ol' farts a heart attack.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:44:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 7:44:49 PM EDT by Cape_hunter]

Originally Posted By WS4LIF:
I wouldn't have anything nice to say................give those ol' farts a heart attack.

You never have anything nice to say...but then again thats what we like about ya!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:02:08 PM EDT

Bumper stickers.................LOL

I do beleive you have to be a member to go to the meetings though.......and unfortunatly I ain't one yet...... Plan to join next year though...........
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:10:01 PM EDT
you could join at... uh... maybe this meeting or something.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:47:49 PM EDT
I'll be the spokesmen for yea......and get you and cape banned without ever showing up....
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:45:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GackMan:
you could join at... uh... maybe this meeting or something.

True........but that would take money I don't have right now............but donations the the united Boo college fund will be geatly accepted.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:03:07 AM EDT
I too am not a member. I cant justify joining living in Hood River. If I lived closer and could partake in more matches or use the facilties more then it would be worth it.

Maybe that means I dont have a say in things so this thread will have to be my vent...Yes you can play too Boo!

CH

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:55:35 AM EDT
This is much the same thing that happens at Browns Camp in the summer. Most of the year it's a great place to shoot, but you can never tell when you'll show up to find them working the pit or leaving their equipment parked there.

I can't help but think that PR is a good way for potential paying members to get a taste of the place.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:58:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hoppy:
This is much the same thing that happens at Browns Camp in the summer. Most of the year it's a great place to shoot, but you can never tell when you'll show up to find them working the pit or leaving their equipment parked there.

I can't help but think that PR is a good way for potential paying members to get a taste of the place.

You bring up a good point. As stated above I am not a mmeber but may decide it worth it if the PR group was treated like any other group shooting there. If TCGC would offer up all the facilities and support I would see it as an investment with a return, not one that could be pulled from under our feet at just about anytime. I am new to the PR matches but the ONE thing that has been constant is the feeling of walking on thin ice with the rest of the club.

CH
Top Top