Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2006 7:24:37 PM EDT
Here's Randy's email for the Sniper Match.  I like the bold part below.  If you have
an accurate .223/.308/30.06 with good optics, give it a try.

Spambo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't miss the annual Practical Rifle Sniper Match on Saturday, February 11th.  Bring your most accurate rifle.  The round count will be less than 36 rounds, shot at targets as small as I can find and as far away as I can get them.  We will shoot in the gravel pit where we hold our regular matches.  The weather report as of now says it will be dry, but the warriors will hope for rain, snow or sleet by Saturday.  Gate code on match day is 223,308.  I don't have any prizes for this year's match but if you have something to donate, please bring it.

The match starts at 0900 hours but you should try to get there early to help set up if needed.  Match fee is $20 to help cover the cost of plaques for top finishers.  Last year's match winner, Dee C., shoots for free.

Normally, finishing in the top ten at Practical Rifle earns pride, respect and an attractive certificate.  However, finishing in the top ten at the Sniper Match places you among the most elite of rifle shooters, and you will have a plaque to commemorate the event.  But please don't worry too much about your placement in the match.  Because of the harsh conditions, difficult targets and tough competition, simply having the courage to compete in this match shows that you are part of the warrior class.  

I do not have the stages of fire finalized yet, but they will be similar to previous sniper matches.  We may only have four stages due to the configuration of the pit.

Sometimes people ask how we score these matches.  All stages have equal value.  Your placement in each stage gives you that many match points.  For example, if you place third in all four stages, you end up with 12 match points.  If you place tenth in each stage, you end up with forty match points.  Whoever gets the fewest match points, wins the match.

If you are not prepared to shoot this match but would still like to be involved, I am in need of a couple of helpers to assist in running the mover, scoring targets, etc.  There is a Practical Rifle "Sniper" t-shirt in it for you if interested.  Please call me at 503.807.7376 if you can help.

See you at the range!

Randy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top