Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 3:22:13 AM EDT
Craigslist post

So what do you think? Should I add anything, or take anything out? Anyone want to buy a house?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, just a little typo - "quite" and "quiet" are not the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You mentioned a creek, so unless you address the issue of flooding/flood zone insurance people will likely pass it up without questions.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that. I did miss that typo, and I will add something about that. The creek is at the back of the yard at the bottom of a hill. I would imagine if our house gets flooded it's time to give Noa a call about an Arc.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#4]
You are required to disclose the fact that the house is in a flood plain at before closing. You should know this information before you sell. Contact you city or county and find out out. If it is listed in a floor plain and you don't agree, request an evaluation of the property. Most of these were done using topographical maps and never seen in person so mistakes have been made.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not in a flood plain. Already spoke to someone about that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:51:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll trade you an ATV, a chainsaw, a rusty 72 El Camino shell, and Karaoke microphone for the house.  You interested?  

Hey, it's on Craigslist, get used to it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:16:40 AM EDT
[#7]
If you add a bottle of booze and a hooker to that you've got a deal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I would remove the "isn't ready to be shown yet" part.  It implies you are either a slob or are busy hiding problems.  Just make appointments farther out when people call to view.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]
this may not be a popular opinion, but I'll make it anyway....

I wouldn't go to 7-11 for a root canal, I'd go to a dentist, a professional.  If you're serious about selling and moving, go to a professional, get a qualified agent to get your house sold, not the "thrifty nickel" of the internet.  

PTk
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wouldn't go to 7-11 for a root canal, I'd go to a dentist, a professional.  If you're serious about selling and moving, go to a professional, get a qualified agent to get your house sold, not the "thrifty nickel" of the internet.  

PTk

+1
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

PTk

I agree, the problem is what we owe when you add realtor fees, we would end up in the hole. My wife and I decided it would be better for us to stay here if we can't break even. So if it doesn't work out ya'll will be stuck with me for another few years. The trees at GoGops house should be scared
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top