Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2005 6:10:43 PM EDT
Post a picture and description of your favorite rifle. The history of the gun, how much or what type fo game you have taken with it, best loads, competitions it has won, etc.
This should be very interesting to all the shooters here.

This is my hunting rifle. More deer, elk, turkey, coyotes, etc have fallen to this rifle than I can recount. Two shots this year and both were 1 shot kills. 30/06 Rem 700 LH, with Krieger barrel, action trued, lightened firing pin, fiberglass/alum bedding block rifle stock, neoprene sling, 4x12 Leupold with mildot, crisp 2.75 lb trigger. Best load is 55.5 gr of 4350 IMR, 165 SPBT Hornady Interlock, Federal brass and Federal Magnum primer. It has been through 3 stocks, 3 scopes, two barrels, and numeorus other modifications and will never again be changed in my lifetime. Even my son is awed by this rifle. It is a wonderful firearm and I am very proud of it!
Here it is:

Link Posted: 11/22/2005 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm saveing my spot till I get back from my hunt

I so wish I could tell all the stories that relate to one of my rifles but alas I don't know statue"SP?" of limitations on everything that has been done with it
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's mine..
GA Precision USMC spec M40A3 with USO MST-100 scope.
DPMS LR-308 with IOR 10x56mm scope and custom jrp trigger.
Both rifles shoot M118LR ammo only.
They're both favorites of mine, I can't say I like one more than the other. I've shot both out to 800 yards with no problems, and I've had the M40A3 out to 1k yards at Badlands. The only trade-off between the two would be the weight. The M40A3 is just so damn heavy!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:23:28 AM EDT
[#3]
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Resize pics, RESIZE PICS.....

When I get back from work today, I will post a pic of my .243 and RESIZE these pics for easy viewing..

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

When I get back from work today, I will post a pic of my .243 and RESIZE these pics for easy viewing..

I guess this means you like your pictures like you like  your deer - SMALL????
Sorry R, I shouldn't razz you about that cuz I have been taking small deer also this year.
We'll see a big deer here shortly, depending on how soon my son fills his tag!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd post a pic but this image share program keeps flashing error unable to transfer, I don't have just one favorite rifle, I got several, one for small game, several for large game and one for bragging on, and I'd post a pic of the horns offa an eight pointer one of my inlaws arrowed last week 100yrds behind my moms house, anyone have a recomendation for a digital camera thats cheap, I don't want to cut into my recreation fund to much,  my sisters tired of me borrowing/breaking hers.

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Brother L, send it to me via email and I'll see what I can do!
[email protected]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
J&T upper with 24" stainless, 1-8 twist, on a Stag Arms lower using a JP Rifles single stage trigger.

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Reserving my spot as well...hehe. I swapped out hard drives and I think all my pics are on the one I took out...DOH! So, sooner or later I'll get it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess this means you like your pictures like you like  your deer - SMALL????
Sorry R, I shouldn't razz you about that cuz I have been taking small deer also this year.
We'll see a big deer here shortly, depending on how soon my son fills his tag!

Yup, I like them small deer as well, they eat alot better than the old rutting bucks.
I am going back out on Saturday for another shot, since the deer I shot last Saturday was counted as a doe, I can still get a buck...
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Here you go,

NEF Handi Rifle, .243 with a Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40 scope. I really like these rifles, a great buy and a good reliable rifle for the price.

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Brother L, send it to me via email and I'll see what I can do!
[email protected]

thanks for the offer Dan, but I can't get the pics to upload from the camera, something in the  software keeps hangin up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#12]
BTT - I have many, many rifles that I could post pictures of. But the one I posted is probably my most valuable (to me!) firearm I have. Simply because of what I have done with the rifle.
Come on guys, let's see the pride and joy of your rifle collection!
Joe, Wingman, 1shott, those rifles are nice!
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is a pic of my HD  Match .308 w/ NightForce Ill. 5.5-22x50x Optics on deck. Now she is just waiting to get threaded for the new can.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
BTT - I still want to see your best rifle!
Nice pair of rifles SW!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#15]

My baby.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#16]
SS - what kind of case/drag bag/shooting mat is that?
That whole set up looks NICE!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought these for a great price (about $700) back when I worked in law enforcement several years ago. I was lucky to get in on a deal where we got some kind of one time special pricing. It was just after tax refund time too.

They were the shiznit back when the ban was on, but now that the ban is over, I guess they aren't so special. However, I like them and they shoot really well. The only mod I've done is to replace the stock sights with a set of Trijicon front and rear sights for low light/night time shooting.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#19]
F-Class rifle built by Speedy Gonzales:  

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Impressive looking! What type of barrel and caliber?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Impressive looking! What type of barrel and caliber?

Specs on the rifle are:

Stolle Panda F-Class action (20MOA integral rail)
Krieger 30" 8.5 twist straight taper barrel
Chamber is 6.5 Grendel match chamber
SG&Y/Robertsons Composite F-Class stock
SG&Y 30mm rings
Jewell 1.5oz BR trigger
Leupold Mark 4 8.5-25x50 M1 scope

She really shoots, last time I was shooting at 300 yards, groups were all in the .35"-.45" range.  I would highly recommend Speedy for any custom rifle build!!    
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#22]

My favorite is my new Savage MK II-FV .22
I just got it so I have not had the opportunity to take any "game" with it but the sight in session was fun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:59:30 AM EDT
[#23]
My favorite The SAM-7

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#24]
next to someones prarie dog rifle this is the deadliest rifle in the state.......guaranteed
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
next to someones prarie dog rifle this is the deadliest rifle in the state.......guaranteed
Bet it works great when you hit 'em in the family jewels!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/jqjlgj.jpg

what is that a beeman, thought you already had a gun that'd put your eye out?

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tinypic.com/jqjlgj.jpg

what is that a beeman, thought you already had a gun that'd put your eye out?

MLW>"<

yep ist a model c1 made in GB................and it has put more than a few eyes out

it is what I would shoot bigfoot with

make fun if you will but other than a prarie dog rifle I'm confident this is the hands down killer not to mention number of species..................................but alas it's kinda like bigfoot you gotta be their to know
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#28]
BTT for SERIOUS rifle shooters!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

did you not take me seriously .........laugh all you want their are lots of victims of that rifle that took "notice past tense" it serious
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

did you not take me seriously .........laugh all you want their are lots of victims of that rifle that took "notice past tense" it serious

Knowing you, you could probably be staggering drunk and still knock the balls off a mosquito flying by with that pellet gun! You're just that friggin' mean!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#31]
btt
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
btt

Thanks man.

Here's my favorite black rifle and favorite milsurp

The BR is a Rock River Arms midlength, YHM flipup front and rear sights, tango down grip, IOR 3X25 CQB, Larue mount I hacked the rail extension off of, and a single point attachment for my ASP sling I never use.  The reason I put the BUIS in front of the scope is the eye relief is fairly short and I prefer the stock fully extended so I just sat the IOR as far back as possible.  I haven't actually shot it with the Larue mount yet.

The Milsurp is a Finnish M39 Mosin Nagant with a Belgian B barrel.  It's very accurate for a Mosin.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top